Re: No possibility to play offline

by brewmeisterman1

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

What a stupid piece of software, there is not one good reason for it. Anyone care to tell me how it's of any use?

My Internet is patchy at best but BF2/3/4 played offline was a bit of a faff about to start, but then ran fine and kept me amused for hours.

Thank you EA for screwing it up! Going offline means the app automatically tries to reconnect - does that have anything to do with the campaign freezing when initializing -  the game never starts...

Previously  to games needing apps and overlays everything simply worked, I can only guess at the nefarious reasons EA and others need to scan our machines for data.

What happened to  - icon - double click - play game???

The EA APP does not work.... can I have my money bacK??

Message 41 of 70 (2,819 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@塔科霍什27 I am also troubled by the same problem. I often have to work outside. I hope my laptop can also play the game of Acura Flying Car series when there is no network. But now that I have adjusted Steam and EA app to offline mode, I can't start the Fantasy Express, which makes me very upset.
Message 42 of 70 (2,730 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@幸福85 Me too.
Message 43 of 70 (2,723 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm told there are there bars at the top left of the screen whereby we can go offline.

Well, well done you EA screwups, the latest update has removed them - if they were ever there!

I won't be buying EA products again, not that the bunch of cretins are bothered. The number of complaints against EA is staggering, yet they continue to ignore customers whilst still spying and scraping players hard drives for data and information.

To say I'm peed off is an understatement...

Message 44 of 70 (2,539 Views)

[ Edited ]

@brewmeisterman1 

brewmeisterman1 wrote:

I'm told there are there bars at the top left of the screen whereby we can go offline.

Well, well done you EA screwups, the latest update has removed them - if they were ever there!

Sill very much present.
Screenshot 2023-01-28 171458.png

If you weren't so busy insulting people, you might have seen it.
But hey, decency is not for everybody. Tongue out

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 45 of 70 (2,521 Views)

★ Apprentice

Don't know where you got your screenshot from, this is my EA home page. Care to point me to the three bars that are supposed to drop down and show an offline icon?

ea.png

Message 46 of 70 (2,509 Views)

@brewmeisterman1 

Click on the three lines in the upper left corner.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 47 of 70 (2,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My apologies, someone, mentioning no names, but not a milliom miles from me had played with the screen setting and I couldn't see them.

Spring has sprung, little lambs are gambolling in the fields, and I am now a happy bunny..

Thank you

Message 48 of 70 (2,491 Views)

★★★ Novice

This doesn't actually work. It will only take you offline for that session. The next time you launch the app, you MUST have an internet connection to play anything.

Message 49 of 70 (2,304 Views)

@DrewBarryless 

I just tested this by restarting the EA app while offline and restarting the PC while offline.
MELE, Mass Effect Andromeda and Dead Space (original) did run fine.

What game do you try to start?

Did you preformed a app recovery?

In EA app > Click on the 3 lines in the top left corner > Help > App recovery > Clear cache

Message 50 of 70 (2,294 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help