Re: Games missing from EA desktop Beta(but already purchased)

by JW9121

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Games missing from EA desktop Beta(but already purchased)

★★★ Novice

So I purchased MADDEN 21 through steam, since the game requires you to download Origin to run said game it would mean I have purchased the game.  Well when I log into EA Desktop Beta it tells me I don't have games in my collection as seen below, However Madden 21 does not run properly every single time unless you open the game through the Origin Application and run it.  So if my game appears in the original Origin application why doesn't it appear inside EA desktop Beta and tell me I don't own any games at all.

https://prnt.sc/uwvnpj

Message 3 of 31 (32,067 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: Games missing from EA desktop Beta(but already purchased)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey everyone,

I'm going to close this topic because we already have a similar thread with a lot more info in Bug Reports. 

Please follow this link, read the information available and leave a reply in this thread if needed:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports-Technical-Issues/Purchased-game-DLC-available-on-Origin-but-no...

Topic locked

Jason.png

View in thread

Message 31 of 31 (19,682 Views)

All Replies

Nothing that I own shows up as installed.

★★★★ Novice

I just installed EA desktop, and none of the games that I have already installed on my PC using Origin showed up as installed from "My Collection" page.

For example. I have Battlefield V installed using Origin, and it shows up grayed out in My Collection. 

Same thing for both Dragon Age and Dragon Age II. They show up as grayed out. Same for Dead Space.

Click on those games I have installed, and EA Desktop would just "tell me to buy the game".

Other installed games are worse, as they don't show up at all.

Star Wars Battlefront II doesn't show up at all. 

Right now the client is unusable. I can't use it to play games and there's no way I'm going to reinstall stuff.

Message 1 of 31 (30,587 Views)

Re: Nothing that I own shows up as installed.

★★★★★ Novice

I have this problem too, although I've noticed that between 0 and 2 of the games I *do* have installed actually show up as installed at any one time and one of them is usually Crysis (p[roving once and for all that EA Desktop does run it... Tongue out), and on top of that I find that only 19 of the 30 games I own outright on Origin are showing up on EA Desktop as well.

Message 2 of 31 (30,485 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello Alyxlewandoski,

when you open the EA Desktop Beta you should find a notice in your collection tab, that is saying, that if you dont see some of your games, EA Desktop is still in Beta and games will be added while the beta goes on. You can play all the games you cant see through Origin though. So maybe all the games you own arent in the beta yet.

Hope i could help and sorry for my English Standard smile

Greetings Philip

Message 4 of 31 (32,035 Views)

★★★ Novice
@philip0073300 see that would make sense but madden 21 is purchasable through the beta which makes no sense of why it wouldn't be in the beta the screenshot shows my collection and it's obviously not there. I just wanted to try out the beta and was confused on why a game that's already purchaseable on the beta isn't showing in my collection
Message 5 of 31 (32,025 Views)

★★ Novice

This Also affects my copy of Mass Effect 3, i have it in Origin, same as Mass Effect 2 and Andromida, which do show.

Mass Effect 3 can be brought in the EA Desktop Beta, but is not showing in my Collection.

Message 6 of 31 (31,776 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Alyxlewandoski, @Fritch94 would be correct we have seen reports of this were a game on EA Desktop, does not show you own it even though it has been purchased via Origin. For now, I would recommend playing Madden via Origin, and as updates are released to check back. Thank you for your support while we work on making EA Desktop better.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 31 (31,733 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Exact same issue with Mass Effect 3 N7 Edition. Plus Star Wars Squadrons won't be recognized as purchased.

Message 8 of 31 (31,613 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with The Sims 4 and it's DLCs. Brought them through Origin and now ea beta says that I don't own any of them.

The annoying thing is that you can buy The Sims 4 on ea beta already.

Message 9 of 31 (31,419 Views)

Owned and installed game won't show up on EA desktop app

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Game Hub
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18/04/2021
Summarize your bug Owned and installed game not showing up on EA desktop app
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown
What happens when the bug occurs? No game in library
What do you expect to see? My game in the library

I have Anthem on origin and I want to launch it via the EA desktop app for reasons unrelated to the issue. It's available to purchase through the app, but the game won't show up. All of my other origin games are there. I've tried contacting EA support, but didn't get anything beyond "here are some links about trouble shooting". I've tried all the trouble shooting steps, including the more advanced ones and nothing worked. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Message 10 of 31 (30,309 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help