by zapy85

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Feedback; Install location and friends list

★★★★ Apprentice

Jesus ppl are bad at naming topics.

Anyhow.

This is a feature that Origin also lacked, but I guess Origin is quite dead for the development of EA Desktop and a new platform from EA.

As games have grown over the past 2 decades in native size as well with DLC's, EA Desktop needs to have the option to customize install-locations over multiple hard drives.

Not everyone has the money to buy a 2 TB SSD hard drive just to install games on it.

But at first, during the initial setup, the installation needs to ask the user where (if more than one hard drive is present maybe?) to install their games not just put it statically in the same location as the EA Desktop is installed.

My self is running 2 500 GB SSD in raid0 just to increase speed even further and have a 1 TB storage of all my games installations.

I think you get the point and detailing it would just be a waste of time.

The second thing is the Friends list, you cant sort them or group them offline or online, I guess this will be added later on.

The scrollbar cant bee selected and moved up and down with the mouse, you need to use the scroll wheel on the mouse.

Message 1 of 4 (802 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Feedback; Install location and friends list

Community Manager
@zapy85 Great idea! maybe something like finding, or saving different drives in settings and getting the options of which to install to when you hit a games install button?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (678 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@zapy85 Great idea! maybe something like finding, or saving different drives in settings and getting the options of which to install to when you hit a games install button?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Illiumthat would do, as your competitors have the same and I think you just referenced to it but not directly spelling it out Wink

just don't forget about the friend's list thing.

Message 3 of 4 (664 Views)

Community Manager
@zapy85 I would never! again thank you for this feedback.

Illium.png

Message 4 of 4 (654 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help