Re: FPS counter when?

by Worldscaper

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FPS counter when?

★★ Apprentice

I noticed the EA Desktop app still doesnt have an FPS counter setting like Origin, any plans on adding it to EA app soon?

Message 1 of 17 (24,162 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @SilentReaprr Thanks for taking a moment to share your feedback about the new EA App, we are still working on the client so I would be happy to pass this feedback along to the team. 

For future updates on the EA app's functionality stay tuned to our news page, here

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (24,126 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @SilentReaprr Thanks for taking a moment to share your feedback about the new EA App, we are still working on the client so I would be happy to pass this feedback along to the team. 

For future updates on the EA app's functionality stay tuned to our news page, here

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 17 (24,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is awful.  I've been playing APEX for 3 years now and you're telling me you've release a new app that doesn't even have the same functionality as the old app????  Please provide me with the original Origin app so I can use the features required.  Advanced launch options - fps counter.

Message 3 of 17 (24,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

[EDIT] APEX uses the Source engine, rendering this post irrelevant.

PerfOverlay.DrawFPS 1

firstly, i do not know if that command works in APEX.  secondly, you would have to open the console and type that in each time you play the game.

Message 4 of 17 (23,995 Views)

★ Novice

This is why I use steam for Apex.  EA App is trash

Message 5 of 17 (23,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I feel you, it is absolutely unbelievable that they removed several features in the EA app which Origin had (and Origin wasn't the best launcher  to begin with, so that's really saying something)

That said though, Apex Legends has a built in FPS counter. Go to Settings -> Gameplay and scroll down, enable "Performance Display". It will show you FPS and also your current Ping, among other stats. This is also better perfomance-wise, because the Origin-FPS counter was an overlay, which used resources, the native apex fps counter does not.

Message 6 of 17 (23,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

why I installed that EA App. It uninstalled Origin, with it everything was fine.

(cm edit - removed language)

Message 7 of 17 (21,946 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SilentReaprr
Why the actual hell would you want EA and their garbage app to display your FPS? 86 million better ways to do it than ask EA
Message 8 of 17 (21,933 Views)

★★★ Novice

here we are, a few months later. 

Origin has officially stopped and we have all been forced on to the new EA app.. 

We have been forced on to an app that still does  not have an FPS counter, it's such a simple thing that we would like! 

EA must have spent millions on replacing origin (which was fine actually) why not ask a software engineer to spend an hour or so to get the fps monitor up? 

The more the years go by, the more EA dissapoint in so many ways! 

Message 9 of 17 (20,870 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This my only major annoyance with the EA app. It should have been included in even the first Beta. But still not. Many of us need that for tunning our GPU/Nvidia CP/ AMD / and more.

It is also good to just have it there. It's such a basic thing. Was it an oversite? I doubt that, but cannot think of any other reason. 

If I could go back to Origin I would, mostly due to this baffling lack of such a basic standard feature.  I fully expect this to be added very quickly. Currently these missing features means the EA APP is still in Beta, but as mentioned it is so fundamental it would probably be in a Beta anyway.

Currently the EA APP is a step down from Origin. I don't understand this kind of business practice.

I have other small issues with EA APP but they are not worth mentioning as they are not problematic.

Summary: EA APP is a Down grade to Origin desktop app. It's inferior and judging by the posts here many others think so too.

Please add the FPS counter. Can't believe gamers including myself are asking EA to add a basic feature of any game client. This kind of basic expected thing, missing, and STILL not added, Is not going to help sales. The opposite of course. Just baffling FPS counter is missing.

Message 10 of 17 (20,354 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help