Re: Ea App: I Need to Be Able to Hide Games

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Ea App: I Need to Be Able to Hide Games

★★★★ Novice

Hello, this account belongs to my adult autistic son. He cannot meaningfully play Sims 4 but he likes to watch me play it on my own account sometimes. Mostly he just insists on always being signed into EA App just as he did regarding Origin. The problem is that he has Sims 2 and Sims 3 in his Origin/EA App account Library and in Origin I was mostly able to hide these two games because neither of them have run for my son on new or older computers in a long time. EA App doesn't allow me to hide games and this needs to be fixed ASAP please. Because my autistic son keeps trying to download and install Sims 2 and Sims 3 but then he doesn't know how to use Task Manager to force quit them when they fail to install and the screen subsequently freezes. OR is there any way to delete these games from the Library altogether? There should be a way to do that. They don't run and there's no reason for them to be in the Library any longer. Thanks, Hillary

Message 1 of 6 (3,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

YES Hide games is a basic feature that was before in Origin. I have EA app library filled with expired betas, old independent expansions (that are now included with the base game (like C&C3 Uprising) and duplicated games (from Remastered editions I mean because one great thing that EA app does is mixing diffierent versions of the same game YAY!).

Message 2 of 6 (2,957 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 6 (2,908 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Hillary,

I wouldn't hold your breath on EA fixing this issue any time soon. I just wanted to say that there are some great guides online on how to run older games on newer hardware -  I did so myself for The Sims 2 not that long ago and it's nothing too complex.

Ryan

Message 4 of 6 (2,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_DarkoWe need the "hide" feature or at least a favorites list so we keep what we want there

Message 5 of 6 (2,371 Views)

★ Novice

How is this still not in the EA app STILL, get your sh!t together

Message 6 of 6 (1,532 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help