by karmanzoltanhun

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't install/reinstall EA Desktop

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Application Installer
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 1.12.2020
Summarize your bug Ea İnstaller Doesn't Start.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know cause installer doesn't start.
What happens when the bug occurs? I was clicking on EA Desktop Installer for try to open EA desktop Installer.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see start the installer..

I downloaded EA Desktop Installer from EA's own site.Then ı clicked on exe. But nothing happened.I tryed to start with admin privileges but doesn't work. I tryed to close antivirus programs and windows defender. But Didn't work again  . .How can ı fix that. Guys remember that never have been loaded.

Message 10 of 401 (101,195 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ea player installer not displaying

[ Edited ]

@Wojciech_247 

If you are unable to install or reinstall EA Desktop, here is a list of possible workarounds for this problem:

Try this in order. (Make sure Origin is not running!)

1. Run the EA Desktop installer as Administrator.
    Right click the "EADesktopInstaller.exe" > Run as Administrator.

2. Use the MSI installer: (No longer works.)
    - Press the Windows key and R at the same time.
    - Type or copy and paste %PROGRAMDATA% into the new window > Hit ENTER.
    - Type or copy and paste EA Desktop into the Windows Explorer search bar > Hit ENTER
    EA Desk1.png
    - Double click the EADesktop-xx.x.xxx.xxxx-xxx.msi (
    The numbers may vary.)
    - The MSI installer will give you three options > choose “remove”.
       (If you never installed or attempted to install EA Desktop before, just try to install.)
    - After the process is finished, you should be able to install with the normal installer or the *.msi.

3. Use the Microsoft tool to fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed.
    You can find the tool and a guide here

4. If you have a Windows user name with special characters in it:
    Either:
    create an new Windows user account with only ASCII characters in it. > Reboot > Log on to the new account > Test.
    Or:
    Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    Type or copy and paste "control" into the new window. (Without the quotes) > Hit ENTER.
    Choose "Region" > Administrative Tools > Change Locale > Check "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" > klick "OK"
    Reboot > Test.

5. If the installer hangs and crashes at 99% or similar.
    Press the Windows key and i > Apps (Left bar) > Installed Apps > Scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++
    At "Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable" > click on the three dots > Modify > Confirm > Repair.
    At "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable" > click on the three dots > Modify > Confirm > Repair.
    Restart the PC > Test.
    Kudos to @Yarusof 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 278 of 401 (89,623 Views)

All Replies

EA Desktop Installer crashes each time I try to install the application

★★★ Novice

Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Application Installer
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19/10/20
Summarize your bug Every time I try to install the application I receive "Something blew up... EA desktop encountered an error and couldn't finish installing." Retry Cancel
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the installer
What happens when the bug occurs? Before it completes
What do you expect to see? N/A I don't know what the application or process should look like. I cannot move on from the installer.

Capture.PNG

I have tried re-downloading the installer and restarting my PC. It happens every time I try to install.

Message 1 of 401 (97,304 Views)

EA desktop Can't reinstall after manualy delete all files

★★★★ Novice

Hi EA am having a weird issue am accidently deleted EA Desktop folder but I cant restore it when wanna reinstall it says it have already installted which is weird to me

Anyone ecounterd with this issue or just I am the only one

Message 2 of 401 (69,854 Views)

Re: EA desktop Can't reinstall after manualy delete all files

★★★ Novice

In game overlay not working, error reporter not working, getting help not working, posting not working...

Message 3 of 401 (69,823 Views)

EA Desktop Fails to Re-install Due to Thinking it's Still on the Computer

★★ Apprentice

When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10.11.2020 11:33
Summarize your bug Installer believes EA Desktop is still on my computer after deleting the program and refuses to either have an option to uninstall and then reinstall (even though there's no program), verify and redownload the missing files and executables, or to install on a different drive.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After installing EA Desktop, delete everything related to the program (folders, files, etc.) and then try to reinstall.
What happens when the bug occurs? The installer attempts to launch the program from the old installation location where there is no program with that name anymore and refuses to reinstall.
What do you expect to see? Nothing until there's a way to either verify that nothing is there so I can do a fresh reinstall, or there's a way to say "the program doesn't exist anymore. Reinstall the program."

I have already tried to see if the game is still installed via Control Panel uninstall, and there is nothing. Nor was there anything when I tried to uninstall the program the first time around.

Message 4 of 401 (81,312 Views)

Re: EA Desktop Fails to Re-install Due to Thinking it's Still on the Computer

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue after following advice in another thread to remove all trace of app via Revo due to crashing issue.

Message 5 of 401 (81,304 Views)

Re: EA Desktop Fails to Re-install Due to Thinking it's Still on the Computer

★ Apprentice
@MattewIsHere I've had the same issue as well I've tried tons of things even going through their technical advisors and nothing so far has helped we just got to hope that someone sees this.
Message 6 of 401 (81,231 Views)

★ Apprentice
@karmanzoltanhun I've had the same issue as well I've tried tons of things even going through their technical advisors and nothing so far has helped we just got to hope that someone sees this.
Message 7 of 401 (69,788 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@QuietAtom Remove all files, reinstall the EA in another diretory and see again
Message 8 of 401 (69,757 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Grauz3ro I've already tried that with no luck
Message 9 of 401 (69,755 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help