Re: EA desktop Can't reinstall after manualy delete all files

by hbenedek30

Original Post

Re: EA desktop Can't reinstall after manualy delete all files

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@chadDaddy49  Hey! Try this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-r...

Here you can download a troubleshooter and it fixes the problem. I just had the same problem, and this helped. 

Message 121 of 402 (5,921 Views)

Re: I literally can't reinstall my EA Desktop app

★★★ Novice
@Fofito99 Man, all I can say is that the only thing that fixed my issue, was resetting my PC. It's sad that we're forced to go through all of this effort for something like this.
Message 122 of 402 (3,206 Views)

Re: EA Desktop Fails to Re-install Due to Thinking it's Still on the Computer

★★★ Newbie
@FerhanDn Thanks. This worked for me as well. It's a shame that it has to be such a hassle to have this program.
Message 123 of 402 (3,001 Views)

Re: h

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

After cleaning registry i finally able to to run installer without it telling me that EA Desktop is already installed, BUT - after downloading some files its just gives me an error (without any explanation what's wrong), so installation cancelled =(

Message 124 of 402 (3,731 Views)

★★ Novice
@MattewIsHere Whoever has that issue...
Download the EA Desktop installer file from the EA Site.
Then download winRAR and install it.
Right click the installer file from EA Desktop and extract the contents to a location that you prefer.
Download Notepad++ and install it.
Navigate to the location where you have extracted the contents of the installer file.
Find the file with the name "0", right click that one and "edit with Notepad++"
You should find a link there to the EA Desktop MSI installer file, copy that one and paste it into a browser, you should now download the MSI.
(Link looks like this: https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/EA-Desktop-Client-Download/installer-releases/EADesktop-12.0.65.4872-2...)
Once downloaded, run that MSI file and it should allow you to (re-)install EA Desktop.
Message 125 of 402 (2,985 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the possible solution! Unfortunately this did not work for me and I got the message that "Another version of this product is already installed." So im going to guess that this dumb computer of mine is going to have this issue until I get a new computer or I hard reset my computer and wipe everything. But so far, if anyone else has this problem and has a computer that isn't mine, this seems like the best "solution" so far.

Message 126 of 402 (2,884 Views)

★★ Novice
@MattewIsHere Do you still have the old installer on your machine that you downloaded?
You might be able to extract the download path to the older MSI that matches the version you have installed. This could offer the Deinstallation or reinstallation.
Message 127 of 402 (2,863 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I actually went back several pages and found what worked for me. I marked it as the best answer. But thanks for your help anyways!

Message 128 of 402 (2,860 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was having this same issue and tried everything, AMD nothing worked. Finally someone on Reddit replied to one of my comments who had the same issue with a standalone installer. This finally worked and was able to get it installed.

https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/EA-Desktop-Client-Download/installer-releases/EADesktop-12.0.65.4872-2...

Message 129 of 402 (3,613 Views)

★★★ Novice
@bkrieger thanks, but during installation it tells me that current account is already exists and cancels installation =(((
Message 130 of 402 (3,601 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help