Re: No option to repair installation on EA Desktop

by suruli0309

Original Post

Re: EA Desktop can't repair downloaded game

★ Novice

Having the EXACT same issue with the SIMS4.  I'm so heated right now!!!!  

Message 11 of 30 (10,007 Views)

★ Novice

Feb 22nd 2022 and I have to uninstall and reinstall all off Apex because there is no repair functionality. I know you just the community manager but let the higher ups know their app absolutely sucks. 

Back to steam.

Message 12 of 30 (9,881 Views)

★★★ Novice

......and still no functionality to repair an installed game after all this time. Says volumes about just how much EA care about the desktop app.

Is this abandonware? It's really starting to feel like it. If you're not serious about developing this piece of crap into something to rival the launchers of steam, epic, GoG, etc then just dump it and we'll all pretend it never happened....a bit like BF 2042.

Message 13 of 30 (2,550 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! I had this problem too, but I opened task manager and completely closed the new ea app, and opned the old origin! I hope this is helpful, I just got a new computer that shows backround apps that are running (task manager).

Message 14 of 30 (1,867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Message 15 of 30 (1,218 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @saltyseapearl the option to repair games on the EA app has been there for some time now.

sss.PNG

Darko

Darko.png
Message 16 of 30 (1,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Message 17 of 30 (1,183 Views)

Community Manager

The Sims 4 has the repair button also @saltyseapearl.

Looking at it now and the option is there for me.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 18 of 30 (1,177 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just tried to download dead space remake 2x in a row on EA destop and it always just started to download the game from new when it reached 100%. I searched on the game a lot and could not find a repair button or "search for game files" button.. then did  reinstall origin and there i had a search files button and then a repair button and now the game works Standard smile I hope the game search and repair button comes to EA destop!

Message 19 of 30 (1,003 Views)

★ Novice

I wish that were true. Mine does not have it. it has Play, Manage add-ons, Time played (greyed out), Manage on Steam (greyed out) and that's it.

Message 20 of 30 (983 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help