Re: EA Desktop Beta launches slowly

by GODJonez

Original Post

EA Desktop Beta launches slowly

★ Guide

The application is very slow to launch. If I double-click the icon on my desktop, it can take from half a minute to a full minute before there is any visual indication that I have actually launched the EA Desktop application. I can confirm from Task Manager that indeed I did manage to double-click the icon correctly as the process is there, but no visuals until much later.

Now, the optimal solution would of course be that the app would load and show up quickly. But if there is some fundamental problem that requires such a long launch time, then some sort of splash banner should be shown so that the user gets a feedback that the app is starting up.

Message 1 of 4 (665 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback.

Just, testing on my local system, I did get a "connecting" banner before the main app showed up, does this appear for you at all, or just at the end before the app itself starts up?

Thanks again!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (646 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@EA_David Nope. I just timed it. It took 38 seconds before anything visible came up. What came up was a small portrait-style dark-purpleish window with BETA as the title and no contents. 2 seconds later that window disappeared. Then 4 seconds later the main window appeared. And it still took some time for the content to show in the main window.

So all-in-all, I would say it took about 50 seconds from double-clicking the shortcut icon to getting the app up, of which the first 38 seconds were without any visible signs of anything happening.
Message 3 of 4 (644 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the info. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (640 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help