by TheProjektor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Purchased game/DLC available on Origin but not the EA app

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

UPDATE

Hey everybody,

Since Origin is no longer available and no longer supported for Windows (only the EA app is currently available for Windows), we've decided to close this topic.

Make sure you're logged in with the correct EA account!

If you believe that you're missing games or downloadable content (DLCs) in the EA app that you previously had in Origin, it's crucial to confirm that you're signed in with the correct EA account in the EA app before proceeding to contact Customer Service Team for additional assistance. Taking this simple step will help streamline the support process and ensure a smoother resolution to any issues you may be facing.

Some additional helpful info and possible troubleshooting steps

Find games that are missing from your EA app Library

How to find your missing in-game content

If you cannot log in to your EA account

If you cannot log in to your EA account, please visit our EA Help article to learn more about how to log in to your EA account.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Hi everyone.

We would like to remind you of the following:

If you see that a game or DLC is no longer visible to you as "Owned" in the EA app, even though you were able to access it through Origin (and you're sure you're logged in with the correct account on the EA app), please provide the following details:

• Which game or DLC is missing,
  • Where the game was purchased (EA app, Origin or third-party (physical) retailer).

Also, please make sure you're logged into Answers HQ with the same EA account you use on the EA app*.

*Please note:
We've noticed that many players are using the wrong EA account when logging into the EA app. Just a heads up, logging into the EA app works a bit differently than logging into Origin. By default, the EA app uses Phone Number or Email & Password as the login method, but don't worry, you can easily change this at the bottom of the EA app sign-in screen. Hope this helps!

(No longer valid due to a change to the EA app)

Note: Origin for Windows is no longer supported.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 907 of 1,054 (8,202 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [INVESTIGATION] - Purchased game/DLC available on Origin but not the EA app

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hey everybody,

Since Origin is no longer available and no longer supported for Windows (only the EA app is currently available for Windows), we've decided to close this topic.

Make sure you're logged in with the correct EA account!

If you believe that you're missing games or downloadable content (DLCs) in the EA app that you previously had in Origin, it's crucial to confirm that you're signed in with the correct EA account in the EA app before proceeding to contact Customer Service Team for additional assistance. Taking this simple step will help streamline the support process and ensure a smoother resolution to any issues you may be facing.

Some additional helpful info and possible troubleshooting steps

Find games that are missing from your EA app Library

How to find your missing in-game content

If you cannot log in to your EA account

If you cannot log in to your EA account, please visit our EA Help article to learn more about how to log in to your EA account.

Thank you for your cooperation!

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 1054 of 1,054 (5,082 Views)

All Replies

Why some DLCs of Sims4 which I owned missing?

★★★★★ Novice

I have found some DLCs of Sims4 which I owned is showed "to be purchased" in EA Desktop Game Hub.

I need to buy what I have already bought again? That's nonsense!

Could anyone give me some help?

The DLCs are: Dine Out and Cool Kitchen Stuff

Message 1 of 1,054 (50,836 Views)

Re: Why some DLCs of Sims4 which I owned missing?

★★★★★ Novice

Here is what I should have, besieds Dine Out and Cool Kitchen , the free contents also cannot be accessed:

屏幕截图 2020-10-04 154425.png

Message 2 of 1,054 (50,829 Views)

Hero
@coolangel2012 For me they all show fine as owned.I take it in Origin they show up as owned for you ?

Are they actually missing in the game or just on the menu/EA desktop app ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 1,054 (50,811 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Those DLCs are really missing in the game.
Message 4 of 1,054 (50,801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

That's what the Origin shows:

捕获.PNG

捕获2.PNG

Message 5 of 1,054 (50,799 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That's what EA Desktop shows:

捕获.PNG

捕获.PNG

Message 6 of 1,054 (50,799 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@coolangel2012 Maybe it's a country issue ? I have them both show up fine in my EA Desktop and game.

Do your other packs also say: Play on Origin ? for Origin ?

Do you have EA Play or EA Play Pro ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 1,054 (50,786 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I can play all content of Sims4 via Origin. I do not have EA Play or EA Play pro.
Message 8 of 1,054 (50,774 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@coolangel2012 Could you post a screenshot of your other packs how they look on Origin ? For me it says Details and not Play on Origin so it would be good to know what the other packs say.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 1,054 (50,764 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help