Re: Sims 4 Not Showing in collections in EA Desktop

by OddlyLemming

Original Post

@phoenixrad2011  Do you own any other EA games, and do they show in the desktop app?  For both Origin and the app, you can sign in by entering either your username or your email address; are you using the same one for both?

Otherwise, I'm not completely sure what's going on.  You could try uninstalling the app with a tool like Revo and reinstalling a new copy.  If you have access to another computer where you could instll the app, it would be worth doing so just to see whether this is an account or system issue.

Otherwise, you could contact EA Customer Support and ask if there's anything wrong with or missing from your account.  This shouldn't happen under normal circumstances.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 20 of 1,054 (5,271 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Only six of my games transferred over from origin plus i sign in with my origin account
Message 21 of 1,054 (5,264 Views)

@phoenixrad2011  I think you need to contact support then.  I'm not sure what's going on here, but it sounds like an account issue of some sort.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 1,054 (5,262 Views)

Re: EA Desktop App is missing some Origin purchases

★★★ Novice

Can someone tell me how in the world this is marked as "solved"?  I know it's a beta but there is absolutely no reason that "some" people show Battlefield V in the EA Desktop App just fine (from an original Origin purchase) and "some" people don't.  Especially when other, MUCH OLDER, Battlefield titles are supported and completely fine in the "new" EA Desktop App.  Like it makes absolutely zero sense.

If it were older titles such as Battlefield 3/4/1 that weren't showing up, I'd understand.  But how can the absolutely latest, newest, brand new-est version of Battlefield not be support by the latest, newest, brand-newest version of EA's PC app??

If you didn't notice, I'm having the same problem.  Every single game I've purchased from Origin shows up in the EA Desktop App, all the way back to Battlefield: Bad Company 2.  Why is that game supported without issue in the "new" EA Desktop App but the newest Battlefield, Battlefield V, is not??  I can't even remotely fathom this.  I KNOW it's a beta but when games that are over a DECADE old are supported but the latest release in that same series isn't, man, that should be a highest priority issue, I would think.  But that's just me.

Message 23 of 1,054 (5,225 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict: wrote:

"Otherwise, you could contact EA Customer Support and ask if there's anything wrong with or missing from your account.  This shouldn't happen under normal circumstances."

The OP is almost certainly having the same issue as I am, and I am able to confirm the following:

1. I am using the same login ID (my email address) and password for both the Origin client and the EA Desktop client.
  2. Currently I am only able to see 21 games out of 32 on the EA Desktop client.  All 32 of them were acquired directly through the Origin store.  For example, I own the entire Mass Effect series of games (and all the DLC), all bought through the Origin store.  The the storefront in EA Desktop client says that I only own the pre-order of Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and Mass Effect 3.  Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 are both MIA, and the storefront on EA Desktop tells me they're available for me to buy.
  3. As per another thread, I've even gone so far as to delete files in the C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop folder, just on the off-hand that it would work in this instance.  It didn't work...

Any other thoughts?

Message 24 of 1,054 (5,144 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @TheProjektor@JW9121@phoenixrad2011  and @enderGC,

We recently made some changes and these games should now appear in EA Desktop.

Could you let me know if Battlefield V, Squadrons and The Sims 4 are now showing up in EA Desktop and could you let me know in which shop your purchased these games?

It would provide some great insight for the EA Desktop team Standard smile

Thanks!

Jason.png
Message 25 of 1,054 (5,011 Views)

★ Apprentice

i purchased sims 4 through origin with my username, i’m also still not seeing Sims 4 in my collection. im on build 12.0.56-4862-b89f312c0. Weird thing is that it might show up sometimes and other times it won’t. when i go to home page look for sims 4 says i need to pay but all the DLCs say i own them except the kits which i don’t have yet. 

Message 26 of 1,054 (5,005 Views)

Message 27 of 1,054 (5,000 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Thank you for the detailed information @phoenixrad2011, I've passed it on to the team. 

Jason.png
Message 28 of 1,054 (4,997 Views)

Re: EA Desktop App is missing some Origin purchases

★★★ Newbie

I have purchased game pass ultimate. EA desktop is showing that I have EA Play subscription, but origin is saying to renew it.

Please help....

Message 29 of 1,054 (4,766 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help