EA App Feedback

by 1ManRiot

Original Post

EA App Feedback

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

#1) You can't even control the installation directory, only the directory that games are installed to... are you [removed] SERIOUS EA!?

#2) No launch command options such as using "+fps_max 144" and other useful launch commands for troubleshooting or performance tuning.

(cm edit - updated thread removed language)

Message 1 of 18 (3,160 Views)

Re: EA App is hot garbage

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@1ManRiotHey go easy on those poor EA devs, they just learned how to write Electron apps -- things you want like passing command line parameters when launching a new process are too advanced for junior developers working on this low importance side-project which nobody is supposed to be using anyway.

/s just in case

Message 2 of 18 (3,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@STG_Mordin I actually have to eat some humble pie here. They have added the ability to add additional launch commands... TFG. The fact you cannot choose the install path is extremely frustrating however.

I admit, I was in middle of peaking in my frustrations at the time of my original post.

Message 3 of 18 (3,067 Views)

★ Guide
@1ManRiot To me it is more frustrating that I cannot turn off cloud sync and that the EA App installs a service that always runs in the background.
Message 4 of 18 (3,051 Views)

★★★ Novice
@1ManRiot #3) Actually getting EA Desktop to install is a complete PITA and there's no adequate support when the installer REPEATEDLY fails!

For anyone else looking for the 'secret' method, grab the .msi installer file from your c:\ProgramData\PackageCache folder while running the installer again.
Search for EAapp*.msi in that folder, then copy it into the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts folder and run it from there.
Why in *(&^ name we have to do this is beyond me...!
Message 5 of 18 (3,015 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The only thing Origin and the EA app have ever done for me is stopping me from playing the games I bought and one time even preventing me from buying a game at all. They are clearly completely incompetent at making these things so they should just get rid of them and update their game files to no longer require them. Simply launch through Steam or Epic or whatever like their new Dead Space remake does. It is the biggest and simplest improvement EA could make to their brand.

Message 6 of 18 (2,985 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Oooorgle I am already saving money not buying another Battlefield! I just wish I could still play what I bought. EA App killed both BF1 and BFV via Steam. The the hottest trashware to kill your vibe and make you read a book.
Message 7 of 18 (2,944 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@RagingWomble I would pay for an app that just launched my games and join multiplayer games. EA App shows me online but BF1 says I am offline. EA App is a kick in the nads.
Message 8 of 18 (2,938 Views)

★★ Novice

3) No support for VPN (works fine with origin)

4) No "Move Game" option (there is in Origin)

5) Thinks it is a game that needs to be recorded by nvidia shadow play?!! (Origin never had this problem)

6) No way to pop-out the Friends List (like you can in Origin)

7) Uses MORE resources than Origin?!

If Origin is the poor cousin of Steam. Then the EA (cr) App is.....well it's just garbage!

Message 9 of 18 (2,830 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The fact that the new and improved app uses more resources than its troubled predecessor just breaks my brain. It's just a launcher for crying out loud. 

Message 10 of 18 (2,810 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help