Conflicts with origin

by lauramenol

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Conflicts with origin

★★ Novice

I downloaded the app, installed it and opened. Couldn’t find the game I wanted to play so I moved back to Origin. It didn’t work. Had to uninstall the EA app to then reinstall origin.

Message 1 of 8 (1,972 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Conflicts with origin

★★★ Apprentice
@lauramenol They are still adding games to EA Desktop. Remember this is a beta version, you just have to wait and play that game on Origin.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,952 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice
@lauramenol They are still adding games to EA Desktop. Remember this is a beta version, you just have to wait and play that game on Origin.
Message 2 of 8 (1,953 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hi @lauramenol,

@s9intt is correct (and thanks for jumping in)! We're still hard at work shaping the EA Desktop experience; some features aren't there just yet. We'll do our best to keep everyone updated during the development process.

We appreciate you taking the time to stop by. And feel free to pop by with further questions.

Message 3 of 8 (1,900 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine doesn’t work just loads then disappears 

Message 4 of 8 (1,830 Views)

★★ Novice

Doesn’t work 

Message 5 of 8 (1,829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

why are we required to use a beta program that conflicts with an established one? I mean this post was from a year ago so obviously you guys aren't doing anything about it.

Message 6 of 8 (1,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's December 2021 and I just downloaded the EA app because I want to play some of the EA games from game pass. I have origin on my computer first. The EA app refuses to start up even citing that origin is on and needs to be off for EA to work. Except origin isn't running and task manager has made sure of it. Even after checking multiple times that origin isn't running it still wont work. The fact that its been over a year with no progress to show that I'm aware of  is embarrassing .

Message 7 of 8 (1,075 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @Josef_Stonks,

Could you check in Task Manager is there is an active task for Origin Background Services or something similar?

Then end that task and check if you could run the EA app. 

Jason.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,049 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help