Re: Battlefield 1 Install Broken

by andriyasdf

Original Post

Battlefield 1 Install Broken

★★★ Novice

This is feedback pertaining to downloading new games:

I installed BF1 through EA Desktop, and while playing I noticed that the main menu screen was black (missing images?) I ran a repair through Origin which fixed this. It seems that the downloader did not successfully download everything it needed to.

Perhaps a repair button would be the next logical step as well. Thank you for redesigning a launcher from the ground up, we all appreciate your hard work!

Message 1 of 3 (717 Views)

Community Manager
@andriyasdf Thanks for letting us know about this! quick questions, did the repair through Origin fix the issue when launching from EA Desktop? Also, the black screen you ran into was that the BF1 page in EA Desktop or the games main menu?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 3 (619 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Illium, thanks for responding -- I believe the issue was still there even after repairing and launching through EA Desktop, but launching through Origin worked. And this was happening in the game's main menu. Since then, I have reinstalled windows and EA Desktop, and the issue is not present anymore. Thanks.

Message 3 of 3 (598 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help