BF4 - Premium Issue

by CraigKingx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 - Premium Issue

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I own the base game of BF4 in My Origin account with a few of the few DLC's. I was looking into Premium when I noticed you get this for "free" as part of EA play. I have my Origin account linked to the same email as my Xbox account which has Games Pass. With Games Pass, you get EA Play.. which is fantastic!

However.. in the Origin store it shows I have EA Play but still makes me pay for Premium if I want it. If I go into the EA Desktop app, it shows BF4 and all DLC's other than Premium so I cant find it within here (assuming its buggy as beta) However if I go into my Xbox App, into Game Pass it shows BF4 Premium Edition and lets me press 'Play'. This then only loads the base game of BF4 from Origin without loading/ upgrading to Premium.

I have had 2 chats with EA Live chat Support to verify the above should work and the two answers I got was "Check back shortly and see if it loads" & also "Post on our Forums" so im a little stuck on what needs to be done for me to play the Premium which I technically own.

I have attached a screenshot of BF4 in EA Desktop showing I own the base.. then BF4 in the Xbox app showing I own Premium Edition and its installed.

Please help!

Message 1 of 16 (5,426 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 - Premium Issue

EA SPORTS FC Team

Looks like you're right @CraigKingx!

The Premium Passes for all Battlefields are currently unavailable in EA Desktop and we're looking into it. 

Jason.png

View in thread

Message 14 of 16 (5,642 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@CraigKingx is there cross gen? pr you can play it with no problem using the pass try to see if its a thing
Message 2 of 16 (5,371 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

On BF4 I don’t think there is cross gen. So if I install it on console then I’ll be playing console of course.

The Xbox app shows that I have access to premium but it just doesn’t work as it loads the base game via or origin.

Message 3 of 16 (5,366 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@CraigKingx does it load the premium in xbox?
Message 4 of 16 (5,360 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

On the actual Xbox, yes mate.

Just not sure how to get this working on the PC version.

Message 5 of 16 (5,355 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@CraigKingx did you install the ea desktop and tried
Message 6 of 16 (5,352 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes mate, EA desktop installed and shows BF4 and all DLC other than Premium. I don’t know why Premium doesn’t show in this app (I suspect due to buggy beta) and the EA support person didn’t know why either..

Message 7 of 16 (5,349 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@CraigKingx sign in via Xbox on EA's help site, create a new EA ID name, go into this new account's settings and unlink my Xbox connection.

Then, click install in the Xbox app and the link account screen came up and enable to link your two correct accounts together. Restart your computer and install well this is the best i can do try it
Message 8 of 16 (5,339 Views)

EA DICE Team
BF4 is not cross gen. @CraigKingx @mrdoom500

If you have EA Play from game pass, then it will only show on EA Desktop and not Origin.

Have you tried joining premium multiplayer maps?

/Atic
Message 9 of 16 (5,277 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic That might be why I can’t see Premium. Within the EA Desktop app I can’t find or see BF4 Premium anywhere.. it just shows all DLCs separate.

I cannot load any Premium maps in MP.
Message 10 of 16 (5,264 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help