Allow us to fully close program on "X" out

by MindlessProton

Original Post

Allow us to fully close program on "X" out

★★★★ Apprentice

Add option so when we "X" out of EA Desktop, the program actually closes instead of minimizing to the system tray.

Message 1 of 45 (16,691 Views)

Re: Allow us to fully close program on "X" out

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @MindlessProton,

You can close down the EA app fully by clicking on the 3 stripes on the top left and choosing "Exit". Another way to fully close the app is by using ALT+F4. 

I understand that's not what you're looking for, but I just wanted to highlight some workarounds Standard smile

I'll be sure to keep monitoring this thread for feedback to see if other community members feel the same. 

Jason.png
Message 2 of 45 (16,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree. I hate it when applications minimize instead of closing when I "X" out of them. This should definitely be an option.

Message 3 of 45 (16,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the work around. ...and yes, it would be nice to have the option in settings, so we can choose whether to have it minimize or close upon "X"ing out, so that it is automatic and simpler.

Message 4 of 45 (16,258 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Definetly feeling the same way. Default software behaviour should be 'X' for exit, '-' for minimizing. I understand why a company would not prefer it this way, but then at least giive me the opportunitty to toggle it in the settings. I will close it anyway, it just makes it more annoying. With a toggle it would be just set it and forget it.

Best regards!

Message 5 of 45 (16,105 Views)

★ Guide

EVERY TIME I PLAY an EA game, this bad behavior of their "Launcher" (I don't even WANT another launcher in the first place!) is like having lemon juice squeezed on a paper cut, it's so infuriating and obnoxious.

Message 6 of 45 (15,555 Views)

★ Guide

Apps should be required to ASK the user before they even have the option of "minimizing to system tray" - that should be BUILT IN to Windows, so companies can't violate the computer owner's own preferences.

Message 7 of 45 (15,554 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Jason
Supporting the idea. Nearly every application has it, why not EA Play?
-
I just moved from Origin to EA Play as it was advertised so much in Origin. EA Play appears not to be ready, so do not really understand reasoning behind advertising it, but this is another story.
Message 8 of 45 (15,490 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this. I can't believe the absolute braindead decision to develop an application and think such a behavior was appropriate without even giving users an option they can toggle to change the behavior.

Message 9 of 45 (15,101 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thought I would add that I would also be in support of this idea. The program already has a minimize button if I would like to keep the program running in the background, but when I am done playing games I no longer want the program running.

Message 10 of 45 (12,036 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help