1. Drops are random enough to keep things lively and surprising
2. The feat rewards are garbage. The high tier feat rewards should be armor pieces and eventual sets, not just skins or low amounts of currency.
3. Aside from random enemy drops, no
4. Add more variety. The Javelins are the focal point of the game. You should be able to show off completing feats via custom armor. Decals are great but they never match my color scheme and a rarely use them. Armor is where it's at.
Forgot to add, the defensive bubble is absolutely useless in GM mode. It serves zero purpose other than having the stat boost. You pop it up and it's vaporized in a few hits.
I love the design of this game! It is an amazing foundation for a good game. But as it is now it is not a good game.
Freeplay:this is the best place to be. No loading and just exploration. But the down side is:
Nothing is happening. Look at red dead, they have random stuff that happens around the world. Something to make it fun to travel around.
Also you can find mission starters around in freeplay, you dont have to go to that boring fort tarsus to find anything to do. Talking to people in Tarsis is at 70% of the times boring.
Do I have to wach with "badges" I have earned after a misson? Also is it possible to go straight to fort tarsis, Straight to another misson, or just continue in freeplay? This should be an opption.
Regarding the whole "badge" system: it sucks. Why cant I just grind exp inn freeplay as loong as I want? Why do I have to pitstop at the fort?
Regarding the strongholds:
Stop forcing people to work together with the "transport to area" function. Dont let a Leeroy kind of player ruin it for the rest. Players can work together without this function.
LOOK AT ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE
They have alot of dungeons with many minibosses to each. Spesific loot that only dropps in certain dungeons. And you have to work together or you lose. Also there is a leader in every groop that can kick inactive players.
Pay to play?
I like this game and if a pay to play would make it so that it gets more content. Do it. I whould gladly pay 5$ a month to get acces to more strongholds Dlcs and money to buy armors. But payment has to be opptional. Like in ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE Many things to learn from that game.
First, please forgive my bad english, then
- Progression fits the story mode quite well and the loot system is good while leveling
- Progression may be a little slower, i've played all the story in hard mode and i found it a bit too easy
- I don't like the current drop system, it's fine while leveling but sucks during the endgame, it's only about to find the fastest way to drop mythics and legendary items and do it again and again and again, the game have a lot of great content that would be wasted just becouse of the lower drop rate over time
- Progression yes but it's only for the first hours of the game, when the level cap is reached things start to change, in the beginning dropping mythics and legendary is extremely rewarding but when you start dropping the same items or item with useless perk it rapidly become frustrating
- The endgame loot system. This is only my opinion, i'd like to have a hybrid crafting/dropping based loot system for the endgame, i try to explain: 2 different list of items, a list for random drops and a list for crafting, craftable items should be slightly better, would be great to have to farm various boss / specific mob / faction reputation to drop (or buy) a blueprint and the materials necessary to craft the item i want, meanwhile also dropping some uncraftable mythics (to keep getting some rewards in the long process for craft what i need), of course perks of the crafted items must be choosable (but you need the right materials) to avoid to get a useless item after a long process of farming.
In this way players have to play the various content to get the best items getting random reward during the process but a sure good usefull item at the end.
But in the end this game is great
I would like alternative masterworks and legendaries please, I do not like the end game loot at all. its honestly the biggest thing killing the game for me, the guns a gear are ugly gaudy tacky gold neon loud, and all the bonuses on all the items feels like a checklist that kills the fun I was having just blowing stuff up, I think bioware should rework the endgame gear or at least offer alternative MW/legendaries that are just more powerful versions of epic items, i.e remove the bonuses and the flashy paint job, but keep the additional inscription and increase in power level, this honestly doesn't seem like a big ask and I cannot be the only who feels this way
I am around 180hrs in... I found "1" legendary(beside the bug at the start where i also found one that does not count).
So... What in actual hell is going on?
Sure i haven't had 250+ Luck since i started my career as a Freelancer .. But i always kept on the 100+ side even tho i can't remember the *exact* amount.
It's driving me nuts, because i can't progress SOLO any more!
The damned step from GM1 to GM2 is insane and doesn't really reward the extra effort, i tried, with decent Luck in an optimized build.
Votaic Dome + Best Defence
Papa Pump + Endless Siege
(God i LOVE "Endless Siege" btw...)
The fool setting up the COIN rates should be walked through town naked with the crowd chanting "Shame" tossing tomatoes.
Maybe IF the rates where 10x as high it wouldn't feel as an insult gaining 555 damned coins as a weekly reward or what the hell the number was.
And completing challenges, please... Give us something!!!
The rewards at the start of the career when you once and again got a nice chunk of 25.000 coins felt great!
I felt like damn, maybe i'll be able to grind for some nice new armor pieces during the week if i work really hard...
Little did i know the rewards would stop and it would be a bloody mission + an arm and a leg, with my soul sprinkled on top just to farm 10k coins...
With that i can buy... not much, and the route to 60.000 or 14.000 for a single piece of armor in the forge or the feature shop... damn.
I'm getting PTSD, frikkin Star Wars grind flashbacks...
All in all i LOVE the game and i really WANT the game to WIN.
But god damn, you make it hard...
I'll mention that i have thousands of hours in D3:RoS... I know grinding... And this doesn't feel rewarding.
Best Regards /// Jon
The game should have a way to collect missed or lost loot. The missions end so quickly that items get missed. And the game moves from area to area very rapidly and this causes missed loot as well. I've been disconnected a few times, during freeplay, and when reconnected I have lost everything I had collected. What a complete waste of my time. When disconnected and returned to the game players should be offered to return to their previous game. But we should absolutely be able to recover earned loot and xp. Otherwise what's the sense in continuing to play the game?
Progression and loot feel great from start to 30. Gearing in epics at 30 felt good lots of epics dropping so it felt rewarding even if only 1 in 30 items was an uprgade or a sidegrade.
Moving from epics to masterwork. Masterwork weapons seemed to drop at a lowish rate in strongholds on hard with 1-2 each run, Not to bad considering it seemed to favour my current weapon types either by design or plain luck. Then I went to GM1 and boy is it a grind and extremely unrewarding. I've run 15ish strongholds today on GM1 with enough luck stat to reach the upper cap (190+) and I'll only get one masterwork on each run which is the guarented drop. Every 3rd-4th run I will drop an extra masterwork. This wasn't to bad at first as it gave me some Heavy assualt launchers and ordance launchers. I have only dropped one component which really helped with my survivability and thats the only good thing I have to say for my days work.
I went into GM1 with full epics and 2 masterwork weapons all of which pretty much the best I could find without min-maxing so why is anything below masterwork dropping in grand master? every item I have dropped that is epic or below is instantly scrapped. I even put my luck gear back on to have a look how my drops would change and it seemed to get worse, on one run one chest dropped 3 whites and 2 blues on GM1 with 190+ luck ffs I felt like this was a shooter without the loot. The rest of the run wasn't much better I walked away with 4-5 epics and 1 masterwork. The very rare occasion you drop a masterwork you will be lucky if it's something you want or haven't already dropped 10 of previously and then you need godly luck for any decent inscriptions. You need to have more masterworks drop a hell of a lot more so people can get the items they want then work on getting better inscriptions for them.
See above in no way does it feel rewarding trying to move on from epics to higher gear to the point that I'm very tempted to shelf the game until a later date when things are addressed.