1. When freeplay roaming, instead of running out of inventory space and giving the warning too late for you to pick up that legendary that just dropped, replace the lowest inventory item instead (assuming it is a lower level). That happened to me yesterday and I was so pissed that I couldn't get the yellow drop right in front of me! Everyone is so carefully trying to avoid picking up purple loot it's annoying and shouldn't be necessary. Especially since that loot salvages into resources.
2. Early in the release (was it VIP Demo?) one of the community managers said if we missed a masterwork or legendary drop it would be mailed to us. Well, that isn't happening as I can attest to missing that legendary in #1 above. It's a good idea though.
3. I have lost a large amount of purple crafted consumables. I get that disconnect error re: error loading pilot data (about 1 of 4 missions) generally at start of mission, and the consumables are just gone. That is a lot of resources evaporating because of server bugs, so I am hesitant to continue using consumables. Find a way to refund the consumables for past disconnected missions.
4. Please redesign/fix your power scaling. Progression felt interesting up until a certain power level and you got your masterworks. But then only legendary drops matter which can't be crafted or improved. Before that, the ability to craft and get better inscriptions made sense and I enjoyed making +Harvest or +Luck epics, or rerolling masterworks with better damage stats, et cetera. But now that we know the only thing that matters is your average gear power score all that is gone, because only legendary gear matters now, and they cannot be rerolled or crafted. Also, squads seem to give everyone a combined score for drops, so lower level players prevent drops from higher level players. This seems the opposite of what you intended regarding being able to play together. Furthermore, we are all incentivised to mount only our legendary gears even though they are not optimal because otherwise you do not get nearly as good of drops (remember, only legendary drops matter. And the higher your average gear item score the more drops you get).
5. Provide a way to refresh your inventory and change loadout in freeplay, maybe at the strider spawn locations. Add better waypoints, minimap, and an ability to fast travel between striders. Ideally, players should be able to "announce" "titan here", or "world event here" and we should be able to get to them and participate or help out. Unless in a squad, it's pretty hard to keep track of other players locations as their UI location indicators disappear with just a little distance.
I have to agree with this post. I have been more legendaries in GM1 than GM2 or higher. One more thing they really should make legendaries stand out right now they just a bit more buff masters.
There's actually 'loot progression' in this game? Oh yeah I guess it did go from common to Uncommon to Rare to Epic to Master Work as I leveled up. And that's sort of like how it works in other games. But for 'End Game' it seems like there is NO progression.
I can play on Easy, or Normal, or Hard, and I get the same loot with the same mix of seemingly worthless stat bonuses. Progression in my mind would be to play on "Normal" difficulty and get items that will help you play on "Hard". And then you play on Hard for a while and that gears you up to play on GM1, and so forth...
But that's NOT how Anthem works! When one can even play without database errors and connection problems.
So what do I like? I guess I like that most of the drops are at least for the Javelin I'm using for that mission or freeplay session. But that's not consistently true either... Go figure!
The compounded RNG nature of the Loot. Let me give an example: When I started playing the Interceptor (at level 9) I briefly used the Venom Bomb. After that a replacement version Never dropped until after I was level 30. And when it did the inscriptions where for useless to me. I had to master that piece of gear and craft at least a dozen copies to get something I that wanted to use.
That is Frustrating to say the least.
The other thing I hate is the "Luck" stat. Nothing that I craft EVER has "Luck". And almost nothing that drops EVER has "Luck". Add to this I hear others talk about Luck and how it gives you better drops. But when I diligently grind out some "Luck" it doesn't seem to work for me.
Oh and the other stats don't seem to do that much either. Sure they make an incremental difference but nothing I can really notice.
NO! As stated above ANY sense of "Reward" is gone from Anthem. I don't play the game at higher difficulty levels because I don't have gear that all that great. And I don't have friends that are actively playing this game. Plus I don't have any real way to communicate with other players. No one uses the game's VoIP.
And "Meaningful" loot progression...?? I don't even know what that word means to BioWare. I have a few weapons that have a 125-150% damage stat that seems to make some difference. Just not the kind of difference that statistic would lead me to expect. All the other stats are worthless. Except for Luck and I keep believing it will work simply because I don't think everyone who says it 'works' is lying.
Wait! I know what can illustrate how meaningful your loot is... I have almost 2100 Epic embers. And I use them for Epic consumables and to perform crafting 'attempts' all the time. And I think I have about 3300 weapon parts. So that gives you and idea of how much stuff I "Salvage"... Typically Everything on Every Mission I Do!
1. Remove "Luck" unless you are going to make it do something besides improve drop chance.
2. Make it so that "inscriptions" make a real difference and are relevant to what they are on. This should also be related to the difficulty level at which I'm playing. And there should be some real progression, NOT this nebulous RNG'd to death BS.
Let me be more specific about this idea. Items that drop in higher level difficulties should probably always have a certain damage bonus. And said damage bonus should be for that item. NO Harvest bonuses, NO Luck, NO tiny increases to overall damage, NO bonuses to "Autocannon Ammo" on a Machine Pistol, etc...
3. Give us a real Stats page. So we can know how those Stats are 'improving' our performance. As it stands I've lost all faith in you people. I'm only continuing to play based on shear stubbornness and the bitter remnants of the high hopes I had for this game.
I'm afraid to play this game at GM1 or higher. The reason is that If I did actually get a Legendary drop and it had an inscription like +33% Harvest I'd probably stroke out.
My thoughts on this are as follows
The loot drops are way too sporadic. I thought I finally found the "sweet spot" on my colossus because I ran a free-play and for an hour and 15 minutes banked 11MW and 1 legendary! I went back an hour later because nothing was dropping from contracts or Strongholds to find myself with 1 MW!! I changed nothing with my gear, I played same GM 1 (Because I still feel as though it's not beneficial to go any higher with the ROI) (Returns on investment) and I get skunked! This is not the way the shooter/looter games should work. I am probably speaking for many when I say we're at the point in the game where it's not even exciting to get MW anymore because we're chasing the yellows! Also, looking for perfect rolls on them as well, so if it continues to drop like this, many people are going to stop playing! It's not worth the grind to find not only no legendaries but only 1 MW in over an hour!? Seriously!? I am at the point now that almost every MW I get is salvaged for embers, but at least we have something to get a bit happy about with something dropping, but come on Bioware, keep your players a little happy! I am probably one of the biggest fans of this game, I LOVE the game, bought it at first pre-order opportunity, played through the bugs, stuck up for it in the forums from all the bad mouthers saying the game is trash and am still trying to do that, but you're making it very VERY hard to continue to do that if you don't start making some core changes. This game,in my opinion, is a legend in the making. With some small tweaks here and there you have a gold mine, but you're not making it happen. You make the players beg for loot, the core game still idnplauged with bugs, lack of end game content is killing the game at this point, and way off topic... You keep putting the same stuff in the store, people want to spend their money but can't because you keep putting the same stuff back-up week after week! People want to change the overall look of their javelin and haven't been able to since launch. The last weeks was a refreshing change with storm and ranger new looks, bit colossus and interceptor are being neglected. People are dying for new stuff, new content and most of all, MORE LOOT DROPS! Please, for the love of God, fix this stuff, I want to play this game for a long time and if this doesn't get fixed soon, the game is going to tank!
Thank you for doing this!
Q: What do you like about current progression and loot?
A: I love the fact that we are able to get exotic loots which are respectively available at higher difficulty levels.
Q: What you dislike?
A: I understand that legendary loot drops at a very low percentage which gives us the thrill of the hunt if you will. However, 9/10 times when you actually get a legendary loot it feels rather underwhelming than rewarding.
Q: Does it feel rewarding and meaningful?
A: 9/10 times no. RNG on top of RNG is frustrating. When you get that legendary loot more than half the time it's not what you're looking for, and on top of that 9/10 times it has a trash roll.
Q: What would you like to see changed?
A: Obtaining legendary loot should be made meaningful and very rewarding. Because it's a legendary item, it should have much better rolls like +150-250 weapon damage, or +100-200% armor, or + 50-75% ultimate damage and so on. A legendary item should not roll +1-10% of anything.
March - last edited March
My Ranger is at 718 and so far every GM2 run I've done has been no more rewarding than GM1. In fact, up until you implemented the "increased odds" loot for GM2 and 3, GM1 significantly reduced how often I was seeing Masterwork and Legendary loot. I get it though, don't get me wrong. Not every drop can be legendary. But for me to move to GM2 I have to be able to accumulate the gear in GM1 and be forced to move up if I want to continue "progressing" as it currently seems to be defined.
I would also like to thank those of you who understand about paragraphs and their benefits when reading some of the long posts on here.