February - last edited February
Similarly to the Loot & Progression feedback, we'd like to see what you think about Javelin Visual Customization:
Let us know what you think!
First id like to say i love the customization although i spend way to much time with it :D
It would be cool to be able to add some glowing effects to parts of the armor.
I would like to be able to customize the shield on the Colossus. Have it be able to bear your vinyl icon (or not) or even have different looks.
I agree with having the option to change the colors of thrusters and glowing parts (i.e. eyes or on-body lights) would be nice touches.
When mixing together elements from various sets, there can be some strange situations.
Some examples with the Storm:
- Plate elements of the Legion of Dawn set are all based on "Primary Soft" instead of "Primary Hard"
- Cloth elements on the helmets of the Seeker and Banshee sets are based on "Primary Soft" while the cape is base on "Quarternary Soft"
- Hard part around the neck on the torso of the Seeker set is based on "Tertiary Soft", which is used for most every straps of the armor excepted the big one on the same torso
So, there are things we can't do because changing an element means changing some other elements, and some elements we would like to match, doesn't match.
Some of this is because some parts are strangely mapped to color categories. But, for the other cases, something that could help would be the possibility to chose between applying a material/color for a category to all the suit or simply one part (arms, legs, torso, or helmet).
Another thing that would be great would be the possibility to customize color and intensity of the various glowing parts (and reactors?).
And, for the Colossus, the possibility to customize its shield.
I would love a better vizualization of the Javelin in the Forge:
- Move the camera up and down
- Set different lightnings to see how it would look in mission
- Better visualization of the part that will change when the mouse is over a category in the Paint menu
And, like many others, have more opportunities to customize:
- Keep in the Forge the possibility to buy sets that are no longer featured (keep that for sets that are new or discounted)
- Allow to buy only one part of a set (whole set sold cheaper than the sum of all its parts)
1. Add preview screens. Some stuff looks okay, but I would want to see it on my javelin with the colors I would add. Otherwise, it's hard to get excited about anything.
2. Those weird decal things... or whatever they're called... are pointless if you can't change the color. I'm worried that you're going to pack the stronghold cosmetic chests with these things and it's going to be more frustrating than anything. Honestly, these look like futbol uniforms and advertisements anyway... so please don't force these things on us. Or, at least let us customize the color.
3. It's tough to swallow paying for a full set of armor when you might only want the helmet. Let us purchase individual set pieces and give a heavy discount for buying the set. I would consider 50,000 coin for a set, and 15,000 coin for individual pieces. That way players have incentive to buy the whole set, but it's easier to stomach paying 15,000 coin if they only want the helmet. Also, paying 2-3 irl dollars for a helmet might be appealing to some people who are turned off at the ridiculous idea of paying 8 irl dollars for a digital outfit. You will never get $8 out of me for something I think should be free, but in a moment of weakness you might get $2 out of me. I'm sure a lot of people feel this way.
What do I like? Honestly, cosmetics feel really... bland in this game. No part of me cares what I look like or what the people I'm playing with look like. You look at something like "Fashion Frame" in Warframe and it's actually enticing to make your frame look cool. In Anthem it just doesn't matter.
Finally, just some general feedback... visual customization is just so obviously a monetization tool in the game. It's really disheartening. The stuff that you claim is earnable with coin... come on. 60,000 coin for 1 set of armor for 1 javelin? I've played for probably 10 hours and I've only earned like 50,000 coin on top of the 60,000 coin I started with. I can't even afford 2 armor sets for my 4 javelins. If the stronghold chests are generous and don't just give us the stupid decals, I'll rethink this opinion, but as of now I honestly think that the system is not in a good place. Very greedy... very icky. Be like Digital Extremes... consider the "ick" factor.
Lights and light colors on the Javs. More individual armor piece drops/sets to hunt down in the wild. Thruster flame color customization. Please and thank you!