Anthem 2.0

by DesajZAR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anthem 2.0

★★★★ Novice

I've created a report on what I would like to see in the 'new' Anthem.

Message 1 of 10 (14,222 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anthem 2.0

Community Manager

@DesajZAR 

Thanks for taking the time to put together this extensive feedback, appreciated.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (14,205 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DesajZAR 

Thanks for taking the time to put together this extensive feedback, appreciated.

barry.png
Message 2 of 10 (14,206 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Impressive document, and well done. A lot of the loot section I think is especially important when looking at a longer term fulfillment and player choice. I especially like the part about inscriptions (both in simplifying and how they would roll in certain pre-determined ranges based on quality) and wanting the support abilities to be better. Also, stat screen - yes.

No need to restate the whole thing, but those were some of the things that stood out to me. Really well put together feedback though, kudos.

Message 3 of 10 (14,169 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks buddy, I see a lot of potential with this game - I think it can be great! I've probably re-stated a lot of content but hence why I put this in its own document. 

Message 4 of 10 (14,111 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No problem, its nothing personal. I have a lot of ideas for the game and just wanted to highlight some aspects (negative or positive). Good luck with the new Anthem - I know your team will do a great job.

Message 5 of 10 (14,110 Views)

★★ Novice

I don’t know if someone else would like if there would be some mode to be an operator so he could see the progress of the game and tracking other players and enemies throughout radar and see them on the map. Aaand he could see the cams of each player so he could guide them. This is not useless work, it will need a strategy brain and need to know all mechanics of all game. So if there are some players who need to rest they can take the Operator mode and guide others. He would not receive any loot but will get EXP. And depending on how much he was good on his work Other players would tip him with whatever they want (something from loot, fragments, parts, currency...) And fix the god damn team speak. Let us speak with other players without to have adding them in friend list...

Message 6 of 10 (9,253 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Since Anthem being worked on by 30-person here is my suggestions for the game.

Big update to Anthem some people calling Anthem 2.0, this sounds like it could be like a new game. I am fine with it being calling something like Anthem 2.0/Next or have a DLC name attached to it, but people who brought Anthem game should get this update for free. I am fine with you selling Anthem DLC name on Origin as long you make it clear that those people who brought discontinued Anthem will get Anthem Next or DLC story for free. You could sell new Javelin Armer/suits and some shards in-game currency set with this new Anthem DLC update I would buy it and sure others would too.

This probably is just a big update to Anthem, but if not what I listed above is the furthest I would go with it, I am just thinking of some YouTubers that will give you some very bad press if you don’t!

I am going call update, Anthem Next, what I like to see in it. Before going on, Anthem graphics is excellent and combat action is top-notch already.

I like Fort Tartis, but it should be a place where a person would like to go to. I would like there to be a Merchant store where you can buy and sell weapons, and something like Artisan store where you can buy your special abilities like Eternal squall, Bitter harvest abilities. The Seasonal store and regular store seems more like gambling stores and seems to be out of place. Maybe have a place where you can play poker with Ai characters or with other Anthem players, this might be interesting in Fort Tartis. When you play with friends and you go to Fort Tartis you should be able to see your friends in Fort Tartis with you. Most of the main storyline missions should not be gotten from Fort Tartis, this would be too many loading screens to deal with. A person should still be able to get side-missions from Fort Tartas though. You can do a couple of main storyline missions in Fort Tartis like Hell or High Water when Praxley comes to you, and if you are playing co-op with your friends this cute scene should be shown to your co-op friends simultaneously and character updates applied to all players too. But most missions should be given to you in gameplay after you complete a mission with a short cutscene to introduce it to you the next mission. In the Anthem Next, it would be cool if there are some small village/hamlet in the gameplay itself where you buy and sell weapons and maybe Ai characters come up to you and give you a mission.

It seems like you were tiring to interject some third-wave feminists in the game. Just look at the Zoe character that maintains your javelin, Zoe in the retail version is so boring, compared with the E3 2017 trailer. Some of Nees Gilie's character interacting with other characters in Anthem makes him sounds like a sex creep. It is important to get input from female gamers like Melonie Mac and Jennie Bharaj, this would make this game better. But please don’t get input from third-wave feminist, they won’t play or buy this game anyways.

I would like to see First-person option in the game, this would make this game seem so much more Immersive. Missions seemed to be based off on one huge Jungle world map. I am assuming this world is just adverse like earth, where it has desert, large cities, volcanic area, a south pole where it is snowy and Icy, Anthem Next should be just as diverse if not more. I would have rather been broken down into five smaller/large world maps than they could have based on different themes like the desert, snowy Icy, Oceanic floating city some something like water city Tipoca City of Kamino in Star Wars, caves, wilderness, large alien city or something in the concept art of Anthem. Yes, Strongholds are more diverse but they could be more diverse though. Some Stronghold Ideas can come from missions, but there should be a 25, 50, 75-minute version instead of 22 minutes like it is now. If you are going to settle down to one set time complete a Stronghold it should be 50 minutes, like it is in Left 4 dead 2. I would like the creatures to look and act scarier too.

The interface should be more simplified, from the main menu you should be able to go everywhere from there, you shouldn’t have to go to Fort Tartis to continue with your missions. I know you can only use two-weapon type in Anthem at one time like handgun and riffle but when swapping handgun for laser weapon in the forged in the middle of the game, the laser weapon should not be out too, because it is not the same ammo type as a handgun. The game Interface should be a little different from the PC and console version because pc uses a mouse and the game console version uses a controller. Pc version can use a character module version because you can click and drag with your mouse real easy to switch our weapons with outgoing through a menu. For example, look at Diablo 3, there is an inventory button for the Pc version, the game console version interface is really different in Diablo 3 compared to PC. I see you went through a lot of effort through the interface but sometimes simpler is easier. When you get to the score screen their no option to exit out of Anthem. Maybe going through the interface and see if you can make it simpler. Most PC that runs Anthem have at least 16 gigs of memory, in a case when a person has more than 8 gigs of memory it would cool if Fort Tartis would be loading into memory so going to Fort Tartis would be instant.

Besides your normal advertisement, you can do an hour-long movie that has video clips and gameplay with it. Something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc.

You are probably going to do something like this anyways. These are just some of my ideas you could do for Anthem Next. I like Anthem and it is one of my top games even with all its flaws.

Message 7 of 10 (7,946 Views)

@DesajZAR Keep slinging this stuff at em. Maybe they will listen someday. One does hope.
Message 8 of 10 (1,692 Views)

Well since they now locked me out of one of the bigger threads and deleted a bunch of stuff, I'm gonna float this one. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,113 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ChainsOfAnubis13,

This thread is quite old and is being locked here to avoid further necroposting.

Feel free to create a new thread if there's a subject you're wanting to discuss that doesn't have a more recent topic, thanks.

Mako.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,092 Views)