Hacked and lost coin

by xxcarlosxx89

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hacked and lost coin

★★ Novice

I've been hacked twice within a week total of 1.9mil gone and ea support keep saying to same stuff over and over again. I've sent them email after email there not replyed what so ever. I've been playing fifa since 09 and I get treated like this from ea. I think it's bang out of order. 

Message 1 of 7 (470 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hacked and lost coin

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @xxcarlosxx89

We aren't able to help with missing content on Answers HQ or make account changes to your EA account, only the Support team can assist in that way, but I would till strongly encourage you to go through resetting these security steps if you're concerned someone's hacked your account twice already. 

Please also make sure to take advantage of the security settings available for any of the connected accounts linked up to the EA account as well. Examples of connected accounts include the email address registered on the accounts and accounts such as SteamAmazon and Twitch, Console accounts (PlayStationXboxNintendo Switch, etc),mobile accounts (Apple IDGoogle Play) and Social Media accounts (Facebook). 

Thank you, 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (451 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @xxcarlosxx89

We aren't able to help with missing content on Answers HQ or make account changes to your EA account, only the Support team can assist in that way, but I would till strongly encourage you to go through resetting these security steps if you're concerned someone's hacked your account twice already. 

Please also make sure to take advantage of the security settings available for any of the connected accounts linked up to the EA account as well. Examples of connected accounts include the email address registered on the accounts and accounts such as SteamAmazon and Twitch, Console accounts (PlayStationXboxNintendo Switch, etc),mobile accounts (Apple IDGoogle Play) and Social Media accounts (Facebook). 

Thank you, 

EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 7 (452 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna Thank you for getting back to me. I've already resettled my account passwords when it first happened but I'm still getting hacked.
Message 3 of 7 (437 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @xxcarlosxx89,

That's a good start but there is more involved with updating the security settings across all of those accounts I listed above then resetting the password. Each account will have it's own set of security measures that should be updated following a compromise on a linked account, for example changing security questions and adding login verification codes are other security measures that should be updated. Each account type will have guidelines to help you out with that, please consult those to ensure you're maximising your security across the board to help limit compromises.

- EA_Lanna

Message 4 of 7 (409 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna Everything you've just said in that message I've done last night. I reseted everything and done a two step login. So hopefully it won't happen again. I've still not heard anything back from EA support people how long does that normally take??. This as really lost my faith in EA for the near future.

Thank carl
Message 5 of 7 (401 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @xxcarlosxx89,

The response times vary from the Support team depending on the case. We won't have those insights into your Support cases on Answers HQ.

If there's no response after a few days or if you're in any way concerned the case may have fallen through for whatever reason (maybe technical issues, etc), get back in touch with the support team by creating a new case and referencing the case number for the one you're concerned about.

Head to help.ea.com and select 'Contact us' to start filling out a help ticket for them and choose from the available contact options that pop up. The support team will examine things to better to understand what might be happening to that case for you from there and help to ease those concerns. If there was an issue, the advisor will correct that asap.

- EA_Lanna

Message 6 of 7 (398 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna Thank you for your help. Hopefully I can get it sorted soon.

Thanks Carl
Message 7 of 7 (396 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help