Re: Online matches turn out to be matches against Ultimate AI

by ben1bob

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Online matches turn out to be matches against Ultimate AI

★ Novice

Bug in Online matches

Hey all,

Currently, I am experiencing some troubles with some online matches, and I think something is quite wrong with my game.

The issue occurs mainly in Fut champs (4 times last WL), All cup modes (~3 times last week) and Draft (2 times this week), but not in division rivals for some reason.

The issue is the following:

I do everything a regular fifa 23 player does, start up the game, load everything and start the match. Then I start the match and I dont see an arrow above my opponents player (indicating that my opponent has selected a certain player). I am 100% certain that I am playing against the AI. At this point, one can call me a SB veteran since I always get elite 1, every week since launch. I have had my fair share of Legendary matches on SB. Therefore, I am certain that 1: it is the AI, but 2: it is stuck on ULTIMATE. This is really infuriating since all these games I listed in the beginning were losses. It screwed up my entire WL, 2 drafts and the cup modes i do not really care about. 

It is costing me matches. Ultimate is unplayable when the opponent has a good team.

Now the question is; what is this? Do some of you encounter the same problem? What do I need to do? It is maddening that whenever I see no arrow, I know I am in for just pure pain.

Please help me,

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (3,592 Views)

Accepted Solution

@PeFoMeVo The FIFA team is currently aware of this exploit. What I have been informed so far is that the best option for now is to turn off cross play until this can officially be patched.

Black Champion chinsrus.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (3,585 Views)

All Replies

@PeFoMeVo The FIFA team is currently aware of this exploit. What I have been informed so far is that the best option for now is to turn off cross play until this can officially be patched.

Black Champion chinsrus.png

Message 2 of 7 (3,586 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I have been experiencing the same, and you are indeed playing AI on ultimate, it is a PC cheat/exploit, usually their fifa club name is the generic default one given, and they often have random numbers and letters as their name. I’ve tried to report players but there is no real option to do so, so I don’t believe they care enough to fix it. We will have to just play with cross-platform on and let the PC cheaters play against eachother - would actually be very interesting to spectate a match with two hackers against eachother!

Message 3 of 7 (3,561 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is easily the most frustrating part of ultimate team for me. I had back to back fut drafts where I win the first 2 games and third round I get an impossible ai who always barely beats me and the games are always so scripted. I’ve never once won against this ultimate ai and Im and elite division player who gets 60-70 points each fut champs. Still can’t beat this ai, RIDICULOUS THAT THIS IS EVEN HAPPENING. Can’t even play an online player when I literally join an ONLINE DRAFT MODE… shows how garbage/unbearable this game is.

Message 4 of 7 (3,512 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm in same situation....

WL, Qualification, and draft.. Awful...

Message 5 of 7 (3,462 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is not. new issue. I have reported this issue in this very forum in 2018 and 2020. EA has no intentions of fixing it. They only reason why people are suddenly finding out about it is because its a PC issue and this is the first year of crossplay. Its worth noting that when this happens, its not always a hack. According to EA, if a PC user does not load into a game fast enough, their team will be controlled by the AI. Hackers manipulate their own connection to ensure that there is a brief blip right when the loading screen appears. This forces their team to be controlled by the AI. I myself have been in the situation where my own team was controlled by the AI many times (and I was not hacking).

The simple resolution is for EA to change the loading behavior to mirror that of the console, but that would be too easy for EA and they would rather hundreds of people lose matches because of this easily resolvable issue. If mirrioring the console is not an option there are several other quick fixes ea can impliment if they really wanted to.

1. Change the timeout to be 1 second longer

2. Make the AI difficulty be set to Amateur and the hackers will stop using the glitch

3. If both teams dont load into the game in time, the game is cancelled.

Message 6 of 7 (3,418 Views)

★ Apprentice

Literally everybody with an IQ higher than 5 knew that getting crossplay to include PC players would mean xbox and ps5 players suffer from cheaters. 

Not only do EA do nothing about the cheating issue, they don't even make crossplay console only. They just leave the issue to rot.

Not all PC players are cheaters but all cheaters are PC players. 

Message 7 of 7 (3,399 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help