Why FIFA is bad and why EA doesn't care

by nieudanybalet

Original Post

Re: Why FIFA is bad and why EA doesn't care

★★★★ Apprentice

@Izzy_FUT_Dubs wrote:

@Chris5626Well, if you don't care much for the online features you should look into playing FIFA on PC for its modding features. There is a modder known as FIFER who has fixed up career mode and is constantly updating it. I would be careful as this could be considered a violation of TOS. Do so at your own risk!

Honestly, I think this is funny. You recommend to use mods, which is a violation of TOS, to have a smooth gameplay. Do we pay 70 euro to use a mod afterwards to have a smooth gameplay?

There are thousands topics in Bug Reports and here in Game Information. Pro Clubs is unplayable because of broken formations, Career Mode is unplayable as said earlier, Seasons Online has connection issues. FUT is broken as well, in terms of broken trophy, broken objectives, changes in gameplay every few weeks. I haven't seen any bugfix which helped my gameplay. 

It is EA their damn job to fix this *. But I lost all faith in this forum. Yes, it's a nice place to have rants and complain about bugs. But does it even help slightly to get it fixed sooner than later? No.

Message 21 of 38 (733 Views)

★ Pro

@FrozenDamage wrote:

@Izzy_FUT_Dubs wrote:

@Chris5626Well, if you don't care much for the online features you should look into playing FIFA on PC for its modding features. There is a modder known as FIFER who has fixed up career mode and is constantly updating it. I would be careful as this could be considered a violation of TOS. Do so at your own risk!

Honestly, I think this is funny. You recommend to use mods, which is a violation of TOS, to have a smooth gameplay. Do we pay 70 euro to use a mod afterwards to have a smooth gameplay?

There are thousands topics in Bug Reports and here in Game Information. Pro Clubs is unplayable because of broken formations, Career Mode is unplayable as said earlier, Seasons Online has connection issues. FUT is broken as well, in terms of broken trophy, broken objectives, changes in gameplay every few weeks. I haven't seen any bugfix which helped my gameplay. 

It is EA their damn job to fix this *. But I lost all faith in this forum. Yes, it's a nice place to have rants and complain about bugs. But does it even help slightly to get it fixed sooner than later? No.

The irony of an EA Champion advising a player to break the TOS by using modded content rather than official content because it's better is not lost on me but I do appreciate that someone in some way connected to EA even in a volunteer capacity is willing to talk to players and to try and offer some helpful advice, don't ever recall seeing anyone from EA themselves doing that so respect where it is due.

Whilst I do appreciate a genuine attempt to help I'm forced to agree with @FrozenDamage . Mods can add amazing things to games but we bought this game from EA and we shouldn't have to reply on other EA customers to fix and improve EA's games for them because they aren't willing/able to do so. EA should be ashamed that their customers do a better job with their games than they can and that Answers HQ exists at all, outsourcing your customer support to your customers because you aren't willing to help them yourselves, CLASSY.

Message 22 of 38 (719 Views)

★★★ Guide
@antti_syrj605 This, it's Amazing..
Message 23 of 38 (712 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@GenericFifa wrote:
@antti_syrj605This, it's Amazing..

Yeah, I got this game cheap from PS store for something like 25 €. Was debating whether tp buy the expensive versions or not but then I remembered that I don't care about FUT so those free packs or whatever would be useless. And after reading and seeing that midfielders still won't track back, I'm glad I only ended up paying little for this crap.

Quick sim in Career Mode is ok. Would be better if it actually used the same halftime lengths as when you play. Also, team sheets are still broken if you choose player lock.

Might just go back to FIFA 19 career mode. At least in that you don't get 6 against 4 attacks every damn time. 🤷‍♂️

Message 24 of 38 (706 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Izzy_FUT_Dubs 

@Chris5626

@bombrowicki 

@FrozenDamage 

@antti_syrj605 

Has anyone tried weekend league this past weekend? I mean, wow. It seems impossible, but the connecitvity and online gameplay quality in this game seem to actually get worse. Mindblowing. 

Again, all the game mechanics aside. They are very wrong, poorly designed, unbalanced, illogical, showing lack of comprehension of real football etc. But that aside. 

You seriuosly cannot play this thing anymore. Connecting to a game showing 26ms ping (stable)on my 1Gb fibre, you start and try to switch your in game tactics and when you fail in that (there is no response to the d pad command) you know you are in trouble. 

Then you try to move with your 96 POTM Messi and he literally is stuck in the pitch. As if there were 50 kg weights attached to him. This is nuts! And this is playing around midnight!

It's pure pain trying to play this, just pain. I recently seen a known youtuber saying this. It is so true. I mean, yeah, they still make money showing videos of this game, thus indirectly promoting it while they bash it ruthlessly (as they off course all should), but it just blows my mind that nothoing happens. People, EA doesn't give a solitary f. There is no point in any feedback. Things will never change, it's ridicolous that we swallow this year by year. What's that phrase? S..t eating grin? That's the one. 

Message 25 of 38 (655 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@nieudanybalet

For me weekend league is usually a mixed bag gameplay wise from poor but acceptable to simply unplayable.

However since one of the recent updates the past few weeks its just been so so so bad. Players taking an age to respond to commands, sliding all over the pitch, extra touches for no reason, no pace no acceleration. Passes with no power, through balls aren't through balls, the game passing the ball in the total opposite direction I have aimed. The list could go on forever.

All the while the other players seems not to be affected by these issues.

According to their connection tool my rating is 99/100 average ping is less than 15ms many games its 6ms and no packet loss. Ive a 200/200 fibre to property connection and there are no issues with any other game.

It would be great if someone from EA couod at least go further than looking at a uotrace to try to solve this.

Message 26 of 38 (640 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@whosgotthefiyah 

Thanks for sharing. My point exactly. Even folks with immaculate connection capabilities and close to servers get to experience this garbage. It is just insane when you think about the revenue they generate and the inability to provide a playable online gaming experience at the same time. you'd think under normal circumstances they'd invest in revamping the system that is clearly not working. Nope...

What you get is to press a button in the in-match menu to signal poor connection. That's just a big fat middle finger from EA to everyone playing... well, trying to play. Laughable. 

Message 27 of 38 (626 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@nieudanybalet 

I haven't played Weekend League last months. I was fed up by utter amount of new cards. Instead, I have played Pro Clubs and Online Seasons.

Pro Clubs is going well, no connection issues with 10 different people in a match. However, Online Seasons is really annoying. Almost every match I get some icons in screen saying the connection is bad... When doing speed test in PS4 it doesn't show any issues. Am playing with cable as well so it should be ok. I didn't report it here cause I already know what they're saying. 

Message 28 of 38 (608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Honestly I’ve had to come on here because I’m at my wits end with pro clubs it’s actually so unbelievably trash, we’ve won division 1 multiple times with few numbers (3 or 4) but the effort exerted and time that’s needs to be put in when you’re constantly having to redo seasons because for some reason you have no choice but to play 9/10 man teams and there’s nothing you can do about it. Tell me why I’m subjected to watching a 10 man opponent RB Y a through ball down the wing to just RB X cross with our AI defence being absolutely helpless because the level of AI quality on pro clubs is frighteningly poor no matter what tactics you put on, and many people aren’t satisfied with how gameplay works when one of the team plays in the any position. Furthermore, despite some people not wanting to play as an any why can’t there be a feature where you can choose to play any if the team you come up against has a certain player count, call it “complicated” or “too advanced” but if EA can’t be arsed to make matchmaking fair what choice do people who aren’t playing with 10 people at 1am have? The choice is essentially play and hope you don’t get slapped because the matchmaking is horrible. Also they just halted pro progression like a bus hitting a concrete wall, affording me slithers of progression every 25+ games minimum it feels like. At the start of the game progression seemed quick and fun and felt like it was going to be like the days of Fifa 17 and 18 when your pros could be genuinely insane however they nipped that fun in the bud and made any’s unbearable with stupid meta crosses. Pro customisation is also absolutely awful, the same company make UFC 4 which has unbelievably better customisation and not even because of the age ratings it’s even things like hair styles, just a boring repetitive game. 

Message 29 of 38 (598 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@whosgotthefiyah @nieudanybalet 

It keeps getting worse. During the day, an absolute abomination. Past midnight - still half of the games I would rank unplayable. 

Unplayable mechanics, unplayable connection, unclaimable time lost, nonrefundable BS. it's in the game...

Message 30 of 38 (548 Views)