Why FIFA is bad and why EA doesn't care

by nieudanybalet

Original Post

Re: Why FIFA is bad and why EA doesn't care

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@whosgotthefiyah 

I recently moved and have a slower ISP, ping went from 20 to 28, but the issues are the same (the score on the tool is still 98/100). Like it doesn't even matter. The awful sliding all over the pitch with toty players, the weird touches, lack of responsiveness, lost input. You try to do a ball roll and most often than not u get this slowed down nutmeg, where you  lose the ball. Players like Neymar can't get a shot off, even though you press input light years ahead. If it is the same for people close to servers with ping like 6ms, then obviously things are not working, right? I tried so many settings. Static IP, all ports always open, DMZ even, you name it. Nothing. It happens at hours like 2 AM too, though obviously trying to play during the day is a suicide mission. 

Honestly, coming up with these tools is like a way to try and mask that things are wrong. 

I packed 4 toty players this year, have a 13 mil team and trying to play feels like a chore. This is what it comes down to in fifa thesedays. 

edited for typos

Message 11 of 38 (768 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

When theres money involved it can't just be 'ah it is what it is' 

Kids putting their pocket money on the game hoping for a decent pack while ea & fifa take all they can

Message 12 of 38 (759 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Izzy_FUT_Dubs I agree with what you said but even though you can’t please casuals and pros, they can still fix the many issues that are in the game, the gameplay wasn’t always this bad, and there weren’t always this many bugs. I think it’s pretty hard to play fifa just for fun now because everything that works is competitive, even friendlies now is always for getting a new card or pack or icon swap, and the stuff that isn’t competitive isn’t ever updated or fixed anymore.
Message 13 of 38 (734 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Chris5626Well, if you don't care much for the online features you should look into playing FIFA on PC for its modding features. There is a modder known as FIFER who has fixed up career mode and is constantly updating it. I would be careful as this could be considered a violation of TOS. Do so at your own risk!

**I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA**

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 38 (728 Views)

@coyelt84 True, but this has been going on for years now and people continue to put money into it -- they're a part of the problem too.

That's like me ordering a pb&j sandwich, end up getting a ham sandwich, complaining about it while eating it, and then continuing to go to the sandwich store that keeps giving me ham sandwiches despite me ordering pb&j. I'll never get my pb&j if I keep allowing them to give me the ham sandwich instead.

Message 15 of 38 (723 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Izzy_FUT_Dubs 

Here we can agree. People coming back for more is just them taking part in their own abuse. Kind of like the Stockholm syndrome maybe. Held hostage and symphatizing with the kidnapper. 

The sad truth is that so many people long for a good football videogame, they will just eat everything up. There is nothing else. One of the reasons EA doesn't care why the game is bad.

What is also truth is that if the gameplay is smooth, I can also eat up all the bugs and the gameplay mechanics, even though I think they are horrible. The combination of bugs, gameplay mechanics and horrid delay/gameplay quality just crosses the line for me. 

There is a reason why this game has the user rating at metacritic at the level it is at, but people need to speak out on this more, especially streamers and youtubers. 

Message 16 of 38 (697 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@nieudanybalet @Izzy_FUT_Dubs 

So there is no alternative, right? You either eat the crap sandwich you do not want, because you are not getting anything else, no matter what you do, or just quit the sandwiches altogether and switch to something else. 

I personally think I am ready to quit. I take no pleasure in the game anymore. It's like you said. It feels like a chore. 

Is there anything else we can do?

Message 17 of 38 (694 Views)

★★★★ Novice

well said.

Only the reff is not mentioned.. well.. the lack of ref.. I dont understand why they can't create a ref that actually blows on his wistle when someone is making a foul.

No.. ! in fifa you get rewarded with the ball when you tackle someone from behind.

This game has nothing to do with football.

Glitchball.

Message 18 of 38 (661 Views)

@bombrowicki Unfortunately, that seems to be the case. I would say though if you're not ready to quit... at least take breaks from it or don't take playing it so seriously. Play for fun and laugh about how bad the gameplay is. XD

I take breaks from it all the time. It's ok to not play it if you need space away from it. I would actually suggest playing PES as well. It might help you see FIFA is a lot better than we think despite how bad it seems to be.

Hope this helps you! Standard smile

Message 19 of 38 (633 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Chris5626 wrote:

@Izzy_FUT_Dubs wrote:
@Chris5626I agree, the quality for career mode and other non-FUT game modes is terrible. There's literally no escape from FUT. XD

So now the question is for those of us who want to play a football game rather than an imaginary sticker collecting game what do we do?

Buy Football Manager, probably. 🤔🤷‍♂️

Message 20 of 38 (603 Views)