Re: Lost connection to opponent...

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Lost connection to opponent...

★ Novice

For months now I've been unable to play any online game modes because every time i get into a game it instantly freezes for a few seconds and then says, " lost connection to your opponent... ". I can't play pro clubs or ultimate team, only offline modes. I even upgraded from the ps4 to ps5 versions of the game but the issue still persists. Please does anyone have any advice, I've tried clearing cache, rebuilding database and reinstalling the game. This probably has something to do with my new wi-fi extension mesh network 

Message 1 of 4 (419 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @leatheryaphid54 

Thanks for reaching out to us. It's possible this does have to do with your wireless network. As a test, can you try using a wire? If you're too far for one, can you move your PS5 close enough to to be wired to see if that makes a difference?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 4 (410 Views)

★ Novice

I'm going to move my ps5 to another house for a while to see if that fixes the issue

Message 3 of 4 (400 Views)

Community Manager

@leatheryaphid54 

That sounds good, but I think the best way to test this is to try using a wire in your home. This way, you can test it on your own network as opposed to your friend's which could perform differently.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 4 (396 Views)