FIFA 21 Player Career Mode - My Pro and AI Teammates played out of position.

by basicallyimadam

Original Post

Re: Wrong position bug in player career mode

★ Novice

Has happened to me as well, in EVERY career game I have started... 

Message 61 of 179 (1,894 Views)

Re: FIFA 21 Player Career Mode - My Pro and AI Teammates played out of position.

★★★ Novice

Having the same problem as well. My pro is a striker, but certain tacticts put me as a CB in a back 3. 

In every game now, my AI CB is playing RB in a back 4 while my right AI winger is playing centre back. 

Remember the same issue in FIFA20. It’s a total disgrace that it havent been fixed yet. Instead of promoting new FUT packs and challenges they should fix the gameplay for all game modes. But i guess money talks. 

Message 62 of 179 (1,857 Views)

Teamates out of position

★★★ Newbie

It was original fine but then after one game some players would be played in there wrong positions and now almost half the team is in wrong positions. It's like as if the game is swapping players on the lineup as you could put everyone in right positions from the 11 alone. Has anyone else had this problem?

Message 63 of 179 (2,477 Views)

Player career players position

★★ Apprentice

Fifa 21 has a bug in player career mode. What is happening is, players are being played in the wrong positions at each club I move to for example Man city signed upamecano a (centre back) and played him at CDM instead of Fernandinho and played Fernandinho at CB. When I transferred to Barcelona, instead of playing Calvert Lewin as a striker and Gomes as a midfielder. Gomes was played in Strike and calvert lewin as a right attacking midfielder. They would put the highest rated centre backs at left back and then play a midfielder or a youth centre back in the centre back position. 

its frustrating and messes up the realism of the game 

Message 64 of 179 (2,457 Views)

Re: Player career players position

Community Manager
Hey all,

The FIFA team are investigating this issue at the moment. I'll update you here when I get more info to share.
EACade
Message 65 of 179 (2,450 Views)

Botched Lineups: Player Career Mode

★★★ Newbie

This has got to be the most absurd and most infuriating glitch for this game. I am playing as Foden (CAM) on Man City. I am forced to played LW. Additionally, the team bought Suarez and plays him at RW or CDM??? Sterling (LW) plays CDM and my CDMs rotate at striker??? The game announcers even acknowledge that players are out of position! Thirdly, my stats for the game do not always count if I am subbed off. 

This is absurd for a game of this price, especially on next-gen consoles. 

I know this is not the first time this issue has been mentioned. Is there a plan to fix this? 

Message 66 of 179 (2,439 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you!

Message 67 of 179 (2,309 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just started a player career with kovacic. First game against man city. Kante(CDM) playing striker, ziyech(CAM) playing CDM, zouma(CB) playing RB, digne(LB) playing CB, azpilicueta(RB) playing LB, Werner(ST) playing LW (which isn't correct in-game). Opponent has gundogan(CM) playing RW and Bernardo Silva(RW) playing CM

This game mode was the only reason I spent £50 last year and £50 this year hoping there'd be a fix but nope same problem :/

Please fix this

Message 68 of 179 (2,276 Views)

Re: Player showing as out of position and wrong formation

★★★ Newbie

Same here. I have an central striker and the ai keeps putting me at central back...

Message 69 of 179 (2,261 Views)

Re: Player showing as out of position and wrong formation

★★★ Novice

Same here. I will never buy another FIFA game. EA just don't care about my favorite mode, player carrer mode. Year after year is always the same. Nothing changes. No, it does, it gets even worse 

Message 70 of 179 (2,248 Views)