We can't play friendly matches together

by Kotyslav03

Original Post

Accepted Solution

We can't play friendly matches together

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone,

I've got FIFA 20 on PC. I bought this game with my friend (Zwrto22), because we want play against each other online. But when I send him invite and he accepts it, on the screen he sees only wall. After a while game says, that he left session. This same problem is, when he invites me. But what is weird is fact that we can play co-op without any problems. Can you help me?

Message 1 of 22 (29,792 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: We can't play friendly matches together

Community Manager
Hi @The_Profesar1,

Usually this happens when one of you is on an IPv6 address and trying to matchmake with an IPv4 connection.

If this is the issue the best way to resolve it is to set a Static IP address to your console and then DMZ it (Note: Please do NOT DMZ your PC IP Address). If the issue still occurs after DMZing your co-op partner will most likely need to follow the steps as well.

If this is happening on PC make sure you're running both Origin and the game as Administrator and set up the appropriate exceptions in the Windows Firewall settings.
EACade

View in thread

Message 18 of 22 (30,218 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem with 2 friends of mine who both bought Fifa 20 but cant play against me or each other online.

Funny thing is that we can play Seasons Online 2vs2 together against people online but not 1vs1 aginst each other...

EA pls fix in next patch together with the slow and laggy gameplay in 1vs1 Seasons....

Message 2 of 22 (29,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We have a similar problem with my friend on PS4. We played FIFA 19 without any problem. Now we can play coop without problem. However, when I invite him to game (friendly match online), the game crashes after the practice arena (game is being loading). FIFA shut down and there is a PS4 error code CE-34878-0. Online plays working without any problem (FUT, online season with "unknown players"). Please advise. Thank you.

Message 3 of 22 (29,758 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all, this is usually a privacy setting blocking you. Make sure your account is set up on your console or PC correctly and that you aren't using a child/underage account.
EACade
Message 4 of 22 (29,745 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for reply, but could you be more specific? Some references how to fix it would be appreciated. Thanks

Message 5 of 22 (29,730 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Tnx for the reply but i would like to ask for specific details as the user before.

I saved a screenshot and put it here,is this what you are talking about ?I searched everything and there is nothing obviously pointing out that "the privacy setting is blocking us" ?

Message 6 of 22 (29,719 Views)

Community Manager
@Drrty-D_CRO If you're getting this on PC you usually have a child account, doesn't look like you do though.

So you can play 2 v 2 with these players but not 1 v 1?
EACade
Message 7 of 22 (29,700 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes,we can play 2vs2 Coop Seasons but not 1vs1 against each other.

.After reading your reply i told  them today to see their account settings and if its all correctly assigned.We will try it out tommorrow again.

Tnx for the reply,while we are here at it i have to write you that i have the weirdest gameplay problems in Fifa20.My gameplay in FUT is smooth and cool,but when i play 1vs1 Seasons its slow,laggy,its driving me crazy...I have tried everything,from forwarding ports to all possible solutions to optimize but its still the same or worst.Been playing online Fifa since Fifa14 and i never had this before...

Is it something you are working on?I am mostly Seasons player,FUT takes a lot of nerves away and right now i can only play FUT,i realy cant belive that this is happening..

Message 8 of 22 (29,689 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Soo, any news in here? I have the same issue, trying to contact EA chat about. Checked all my settings, everything is fine, it was fine in previous fifas since 13...

Message 9 of 22 (29,619 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade Me and my friend have checked both of our accounts for this and it's set to our correct adult age. We can play co-op seasons but not versus eachother.

We also tried flushing DNS, resetting stuff etc from your website guide.

Any update or more troubleshooting for this?

Message 10 of 22 (29,581 Views)
Twitter Stream