Save files missing

by ashmills158

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Save files missing

★★★ Novice

My personal settings, Journey and career save files seem to have disappeared on FIFA 17; they were there one day and gone the next. I've tried looking online to find where they may be and I've tried syncing with Origin as well but I still have no save files. 

Any idea where they may be? 

Thanks a lot,

Message 1 of 15 (17,031 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Save files missing

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Guy

I have now managed to fix this.

I had to move my existing (lost) save files to another location and then create new ones in-game. 

After doing this, I exited the game and also placed my current saves into the 'settings' folder along with the new save files that were created.

I was then able to start a new career mode and after creating a new save in career, I could then choose which career save file I wanted to load, and it then showed my lost file. 

Thank you very much for your assistance with this.

Best wishes,

Ashley 

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (19,997 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @ashmills158

Have you played the game from a different location or does anyone else have access to your Origin account?

Do you have the Cloud Saves on? Try turning them off, right click - Game Properties - Cloud Saves, and seeing if the same thing occurs.

Thank you 

EAGuy

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 2 of 15 (17,011 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Guy

I've only ever played the game on my PC and no-one else has access to my Origin account.

I've tried turning off cloud saves, but the game still doesn't pick any saves up.

I can however see that the save files do exist in the game files. It seems as though the game doesn't recognise them though. 

Please see attached photo of where I believe the save files are. As you can see in the photo, the Squads file was last edited on 29th, which is release day, which would be correct. You can also see my story mode and journey files here as well. 

Thanks,

Ashley 

Message 3 of 15 (17,005 Views)

Thanks for the further details

The steps for the Cloud Saves was to try and see if it was stopping the Local saves from being recognized.

Try copying that folder somewhere, then try creating a new save in the game to see if it will create a new file in that directory. Additionally, does it let you load the new save after closing/re-opening the game?

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

Message 4 of 15 (16,999 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Guy

I moved the 'settings' folder to my desktop and in FIFA, created a new settings file, which, upon exiting the game, I saw had indeed created another 'settings' folder in the original directory, just as I'd expect.

I am also able to exit the game and relaunch into it to load the new save file.

Many thanks,

Ashley 

Message 5 of 15 (16,989 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for trying that 

If you try copying one of the files you believe to be a save into the new folder, can you then see it ingame or does it just show that new one?

---------------

Message 6 of 15 (16,977 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Guy

I have now managed to fix this.

I had to move my existing (lost) save files to another location and then create new ones in-game. 

After doing this, I exited the game and also placed my current saves into the 'settings' folder along with the new save files that were created.

I was then able to start a new career mode and after creating a new save in career, I could then choose which career save file I wanted to load, and it then showed my lost file. 

Thank you very much for your assistance with this.

Best wishes,

Ashley 

Message 7 of 15 (19,998 Views)

I'm glad to hear that, thanks for the update

---------------

Message 8 of 15 (16,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ashmills158 Is this for pc as I’m on Xbox and have the same issue, my save files for my player career has disappeared and there isn’t any way to get them back ?
Message 9 of 15 (8,431 Views)

★★★ Novice
@dougielloyd Hey, sorry, this was for PC only, I don’t have any experience with Xbox I’m afraid
Message 10 of 15 (8,429 Views)