Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Unable to connect to the EA Servers at this time

by gomgom0907

Original Post

Highlighted

Info/help needed regarding server issue - f.a.o community manager

★★★★★ Novice

Hi

I am wondering if you could shed any light on the server issues Australians have been facing since October 11.

Every night since(and including) between the hours of 8pm-11pm, we cannot connect to the EA servers on consoles(no problem with companion app). It also works perfectly for the other 21 hours during the day (i have tested this, and up until the 11-10-16 it worked perfectly for the whole 24 hours)

Aussieoutages.com  shows that all states are suffering the same issues at the same time for the last month.

I have tried twitter and contacted ea chat, who seem to like to blame the gamers connection, when It is clearly at EA'S end, as thousands are suffering and not just on Fifa, its battlefield and other games all across the EA severs.

1: Why have we not been told that it's an ongoing issue?

2: Why has this been ongoing for so long?

3: How long before a fix is close?

Any info would be gratefully appreciated, as obviously the hours it is down, is prime gaming time for myself, and it's becoming increasingly frustrating not being able to access from the console.

Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 131 (1,331 Views)
Highlighted

Not connecting

★ Newbie

Australian hours between 8pm and 11pm I cannot connect to the Fifa servers, but I can connect to Battlefield 1 servers, two of my friends suffer the same thing and we are all with Optus, anyone know of any soloutions?

Message 2 of 131 (1,276 Views)
Highlighted

Unable to connect to the EA Servers at this time

★ Novice
Why I cant connect to server everyday 7-11pm everyday????? Sick of seeing that message. Im in Australia using ps4
Message 3 of 131 (1,293 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Info/help needed regarding server issue - f.a.o community manager

★★★★★ Novice

Hi

I am still waiting for an acknowledgement from a community manager regarding this issue.

As you can see i am not the only one having this issue - which clearly is from the Update October 11(it immediately started as soon as this was downloaded)

The fact it has now been over a month and nothing has been fixed let alone acknowledged is so poor from EA's side.

Trouble shooting is the biggest cop out yet!

The issues never happened before the update - ports are not time sensitive and suddenly close for a three hour siesta.

I have contacted my ISP and Router company as suggested by EA - everything is fine their end, and i have absolutely no issue connecting to any other website during the outage period. I can even connect to the companion App during the outage period, and even contacted Playstation as it is clearly a console issue(not there end either).

All we as a community ask:

1: acknowledge that the October 11 update is the root of the problem - i am not a tech expert but getting rid of this update/reverse engineering to find the root of the problem is clearly what is needed.

2: make sure a fix is under way

3: be HONEST and open with a time frame for a fix

4: compensate adequately those that have had this issue

5: most importantly update, communicate and respond to your community!

Message 4 of 131 (1,296 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The majority of Community Managers spend the weekends at home, with only a token few showing up in here.  As I understand it, the great majority are in Ireland, on a different time of day schedule.  For most of the four and a half years I've been coming here, there were no CMs on weekends at all.

Incidentally, I believe when it's late afternoon on Sunday where I am, it's about twelve hours later than that, Monday morning, in Australia.  It would seem that both times you wrote, it was a weekend here where I am.

Anyway, neither they nor I are in any position to deal with server problems (at least I doubt they have any access to any web administrators anywhere).  I didn't read your first message, since there's nothing I can do, and admittedly, just lightly skimmed the bump-up followup this time. 

EA's own customer support is on Help Center, in the form of the Game Advisers. 

Message 5 of 131 (1,288 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi @CAL_EL-UTD @edenmessi @gomgom0907

Thank you for reporting this, I merged a couple of other posts on this into this thread to try and keep the information in one place.

To help us look into this, please provide the following:

• GamerTag
  • Platform
  • ISP
  • State & Timezone
  • Does this just happen with FUT or all EA Games?

When you start seeing this occurring, at the set time, try running a UOTrace through the steps in the article here. This may be able to shed some light on where the connection is stopping.

Thank you

EAGuy

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 6 of 131 (1,261 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
I have the exact same issue , I'm with Optus in Australia. I have had a Optus tech come to my house check my cables and replace my router and I still can't connect to either Fifa 17 or Rory mcilroy golf?? SORT IT OUT EA ! We pay good money to play these games and use your services, I have tried all of your trouble shooting methods as suggested but to no avail. Now it's your turn.
Message 7 of 131 (1,249 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Hi EAGuy

Thanks for replying, i appreciate it.

I have run several trace reports, and was told to ask my ISP to reroute - the funny thing is that all the IP addresses in my hops are the same regardless of whether it is working or not.

September 29th (game release - October 11th) no connection issues at all, and this is when the game first came out and servers would have been overloaded.

Immediately after i downloaded the update, this error message occurred, and has happened every night since without fail. 11pm each night like a light switch i connect to the servers through the console, and it works perfectly.

My ISP have run tests and found no connection issues - my internet has no connection issues with any other site at all.

I only play Fifa, but had a friend test sims at the same time of night - he lives 40 mins away, and has a different ISP - he could not connect to ea servers during the same period.

As i have said in my original post - aussieoutages.com shows there is an outage every night - Fifa, Nhl, Sims, Battlefield and it's console based. I can connect through web app and companion app during this time - they did not download the same update as the console.

1. CAL_EL-UTD
  2. PS4
  3. OPTUS
  4. NSW
  5. I only play Fut
Message 8 of 131 (1,246 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

One more thing i would like to add.

During this "outage period" i can connect to Ea servers through my PS3 on Fifa 16 (this was tested after 18th October, so it wouldn't have downloaded the update on 11-10-16, it would have had downloaded the one after that) - this is using the same internet connection, however once i log out and then try my PS4 on Fifa 17 the error message returns. Surely if it was my ISP, i would not be able to connect to the servers with the PS3?

• It has to be the update that is causing this issue (worked perfectly before it was downloaded)

Message 9 of 131 (1,231 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
I am having the exact same problem except mine starts at 6pm! And ends at 10:30
This is so frustrating... I am with Optus as well and via Xbox one
Message 10 of 131 (1,206 Views)
Twitter Stream