Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Fifa 17 Server Issues with Optus (Australia)

by BrussLad

Original Post

Highlighted

Fifa 17 Server Issues with Optus (Australia)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I'm having serious server issues where I can't connect for hours at a time to the servers. Is this a common problem with Optus? I have no problems connecting to Xbox Live at any point and have an Open NAT type. Any known fixes through router/IP setup that help?
Message 1 of 17 (1,206 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Fifa 17 Server Issues with Optus (Australia)

★ Apprentice
I'm having the same problem man, every night ... I'm also with Optus and have gotten a new router and opened all ports but still no luck??
Message 2 of 17 (1,188 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Same thing happens to me! This is absolutely crazy after all the money I have spent on this game! I get disconnected every 10-20 minutes and cant even reconnect at all most times after the disconnect. Changed consoles, changed routers, set the ps4 in a dmz, had an optus tech come out and check all lines but it still happens! It does not do that to any other game but fifa. I still stay signed on ps4 and can still chat in a party without a hiccup! It's 100% EA's issue. Only happens after 5pm-6pm. Im in NSW btw. I dont remember it doing this at all before the last update. All i know is this is a serious problem that EA needs to rectify! Happens to my a couple of my friends as well, I'm seriously thinking about getting PES 17 it's that bad.
Message 3 of 17 (1,177 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Yeah it does tend to be worse in the evening. I had the problem before the update as well
Message 4 of 17 (1,165 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
I have tried everything possible with my internet but still no luck, hopefully they bring out an update soon to fix this.
I will let you know if I find an answer..
Message 5 of 17 (1,155 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
Same issues - my Optus is running at optimal speeds - yet can't connect - don't want to change providers but it seems the only thing to do ATM -
Message 6 of 17 (1,042 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

PC user here in NZ

I just can't get the matches to go as well - 2/10 success

Perhpas we are too distant from the server?

PC sucks big time when it comes to fifa.  I am going to buy PS4 and see how it goes.

Message 7 of 17 (1,032 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Has anyone found a solution? I suffer the same issue from 7pm onwards to 11pm, open nat, can play any other game
Message 8 of 17 (904 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
Oops I just created a new post and appears people are having my same issue. Anyone at all with any help??? I am wondering if it is an Optus issue or an EA issue, my mobile hotspot allows me to log in!

I called Optus to try to get help from them but they were no help and actually managed to stuff up my broadband and put me out of action for 2 days. If we could at least pinpoint whether it's EA or Optus would be a great start. But doesn't look like we get much support from either company...
Message 9 of 17 (895 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
Another one here. Rang Optus. Can't or won't do anything. Drives me crazy. Definitely an Optus problem. Happens every night 7:30-11:30pm. Every other game works online but FIFA 17. Just won't connect to ea servers.
PS4 in DMz. New router/modems. Can't fix the bloody problem.
If I hotspot to my phone (Telstra) it works!! Just not when connected via lan cable to god dam Optus.
Message 10 of 17 (844 Views)
Twitter Stream