Original Post

Highlighted

Fifa 17 Button lag/delay

★★★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?: TheSundanceKid9
Which mode has this happened in?: Online seasons
How often does the bug occur?: Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?: Since purchase on 30th Sept
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM): Morning, afternoon, night, late night.
What is your time zone?: PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Button delay and lag is absolutely horrendous. Passing, shooting, clearing headers are all completely behind resulting in ridiculous outcomes such as a defender chesting the ball on his own line instead of heading the ball clear, a mindless jog of 5 to 8 yards before playing a pass or shooting. Not a single header has been won defending a corner due to this lag.
What happens when the bug occurs?: Button delay and lag is absolutely horrendous. Passing, shooting, clearing headers are all completely behind resulting in ridiculous outcomes such as a defender chesting the ball on his own line instead of heading the ball clear, a mindless jog of 5 to 8 yards before playing a pass or shooting. Not a single header has been won defending a corner due to this lag.
What should be happening instead?: Responsive controls

I've already opened a support ticket and spoke to Jogendar S. at EA Customer Experience.
Support Ticket: #25949595. He gave me a list of instructions that included the following:

CLEAR ALTERNATE MAC ADDRESS, CLEAR PERSISTENT STORAGE AND POWERCYCLE XBOX ONE and CHANGE PRIVACY SETTINGS.

I've went through these instructions three times now and still the problem of button lag and delay persists. The game is literally unplayable online as a result. 

I have 100mb/s broadband, NAT type open and all recommended ports have been opened. The problem is definitely not my connection. 

Your forums are inundated with the same complaint and after going through the troubleshooting instructions three times, I really don't have a lot of confidence in this game at all. Unless something can be done I shall be politely asking for my $80 back asap. 

Kind regards,

Ross Whelan

Message 1 of 195 (33,828 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Fifa 17 Button lag/delay

★★★ Novice

Got the same problem... Online is unplayable, its a pity coz offline is nice. So many ppl got the same problem i cant believe they cant intervene....

Message 2 of 195 (33,698 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, I thought I was the only one having the same problem on my xbox one, I've been asking for help since fifa 13 or 14 with the same problem and have tried many different steps with EA and Microsoft but nothing, the players are taking extra touches, doing the opposite on what I'm doing, button delay and more. It's not my connection, I have a great connection, my nat type is always on open, I'm so annoyed that fifa haven't fixed this problem for many years.  

Message 3 of 195 (33,651 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thais ia really annoying, after a skill moves, for example, it takes ages to shoot! Thais is me maKing me regret bying fifa 17,males me Gent angra nas Borges ar the Sá me time. Waiting for a patch to solve ir or im gonna quit.

Message 4 of 195 (33,629 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have beeing the same here. I am playing on PS4 on a Brazilian account.

And is almost impossible use the new functionality the "DOWN KICK", because the delay doesn't allows me to click 2 fast times in the shoot button.

This was not happening in the Demo version.

Tust

Message 5 of 195 (33,595 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

To the team working for the Fifa department:

You guys have done an amazing job this year. With the new engine in place I know they'll be much more to look forward to. The game play is very realistic, nice & slow which involves different speeds of build ups which is very good. The different animations with the player movement, shooting passing etc.. is very good and exciting also. So overall you guys have made a top game.

BUT, honestly this delay thing is very bad. It needs to be changed ASAP. I am a person who plays PRO CLUBS daily on PS4 and these delays are a big negative for all of us players which ins't fair to be honest. When you shoot it literally takes 2 seconds before the player actually shoots. even with the passing. So guys this is very disturbing and very of putting.

Get this changed & this game will super.

Message 6 of 195 (33,417 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I've the same feeling, when i press any button the animation works YEARS too react. It's anoying! I wonder if EA can do a fu*ki*g game that works properly. And don't try it to say that it's my connection or my PC setup, because all other games work properly!

Message 7 of 195 (33,367 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

HOW are people not more vocal about this? this delay and the fact if anything takes focus from fifa window while playing = instant disconnect loss has killed fifa 17 for me completely, was so hyped! lol ..

had like over 700 hours in 16 , now dont even wanna start 17 at all,hope they patch it ASAP

Message 8 of 195 (33,328 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I hope EA f*king listens and this annoying sh*t gets tweaked, sh*t plays like we're sending data to pluto and back just to pass the f*cking ball.

Message 9 of 195 (33,274 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I used to enjoy this game a lot, but this FIFA is by far the worst in terms of game play, I have this same problem also when I press LT+RT to cancel a move it does not work, I have lost a tremendous amount of matches because of these issues and I'm just not enjoying the game anymore

Message 10 of 195 (33,200 Views)
Twitter Stream