Might be EA, please help

by xTBx_Sherrin6

Original Post

Might be EA, please help

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hiya,

Recently come across to PS from Xbox.Every other game on NHL give or take i get kicked off the servers. Unsure if its a licensing issue or something to do with EA. I only play NHL, I was totally fine on Xbox but unsure if I've set something up wrong. Sod knows!

I keep trying to restore my license on the PS, made it primary, restart router, gone on EA website to make sure I'm with EA access on PS. (Mate pays for the access on Xbox with game share, I pay for PS access) .. Also done the USB cable in the controller to get on the safety mode or whatever it was called and selected number 4 or 5. Which ever they recommended on YouTube.

Lost. Any help greatly appreciated, comes out of nowhere. No pattern..

Message 1 of 4 (636 Views)

Re: Might be EA, please help

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Hey @xTBx_Sherrin6 

Do you have an active PlayStationPlus subscription?

I would recommend these steps: Help with Losing Connection to EA Servers

Also, clear your console cache:

The PlayStation 4 doesn't have a specific menu option to clear cache. However, you can force the cache to be cleared by doing the following:

1. Turn off your PlayStation 4. Do not enter Rest Mode.
2. Once the indicator light on top of your PlayStation 4 is off and has stopped blinking, unplug the power cord from the back of your console.
3.Wait at least 30 seconds.
4. Plug the power cord back into your PlayStation 4 and turn it on.

Message 2 of 4 (602 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I have got PlayStation plus, thanks for the quick reply I have tried what you suggested. Will give it a go now. 

Also Tweeted PlayStation and they suggested about opening ports. Not got round to that yet is that a reasonable solution? Happened when I tried playing Fortnight so weren't entirely EA, that's why they suggested the ports.

Message 3 of 4 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@xTBx_Sherrin6 

Of course, opening ports is worth a try.

Port forwarding is different for all routers/modems so it's best to look up instructions on how to do this for your particular model.

Message 4 of 4 (580 Views)