Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Feedback on New FIFA mobile

by glenzilly

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@brad_20160201 wrote:

@DJJerome1976.....it's just the vision of EA and gamers vision is different ....if we give feedback to EA of what we r thinking I'm sure they would rethink..

the problem is we don't want to wait another year to correct issues ...

.the message from me to EA is clear update 16 make it better and stop going forward with FIFA mobile which has modes which r not practical for football/soccer ...

One would hope that FIFA would step in and say- this is not how the game is played.  Sucks that they are the most irresponsible group of rich * in the world.

Message 21 of 63 (1,798 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

@glenzilly wrote:

@AURGASMO wrote:
Glen- they took down the site with that quote. The entire 16 homepage is gone!

I know, that's why I saved it so they could not claim it never happened. If there is not a serious update and continuation of content for 16 I will be demanding my money back for all the points I spent in 16 (around $500 worth) since they were sold under false pretenses.

I think that this is the most important thing here. They Stated in their site that we would keep our players and people invested in the game after that promise was made. Now they are taking it down arguing that the game mode is going to be different, ignoring that the written statement has become a contract between them and us.

That contract needs to be honored.

Message 22 of 63 (1,781 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I think everyone is scared a bit too about the madden/nba live -similiar game. IMO feel free to change everything and experiment, thats what EA did in some way with 16 too which was different compared to the 14->15 mobile changes. But please dont introduce pay to play aka energy bar. I think some are playing mobile because its a cheap (but not exactly equal) alternative to buying a console with FIFA, so some may developed console-like playing behaviours like 1-2 hours/day on average. They would be cut out. 

Also iirc you said that the energy bar will be very light and wont stop regular users from playing the game. Then why bother doing it at all? Power players are likely to spend money on the game anyway (true for me too, I have no problem with spending like 1€/ game hour), so you dont have to prevent them from playing the game for money.

TL;DR Feel free to experiment, I like that ! but pls remove the energy bar

Message 23 of 63 (1,751 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Not just the energy bar, it's not even FIFA anymore since the matches are now turn based and only the attacking part of football. That takes away half (arguably more) of the game, and completely removes the need to know how to defend to play anymore.

In FIFA now, if you can attack and score a goal or two it's not enough. It's never been enough in any FIFA ever. If you are * at defending you will be punished. I don't know if this is EA's way of reaching out to people who are bad at the game, but @EA_Andy it's not worth losing everyone in your community over.

Message 24 of 63 (1,742 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
It's an integrity issue to tell people the application will be updated every season then change the plan like that. I had this challenge with Fifa15 and vowed not to buy points again however when fifa16 launched with that commitment of " keeping your player cards every season" I went ahead to buy point. I know am not the only one. It's about trust. How do you just do this? ???
Message 25 of 63 (1,728 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@glenzilly (and @SeleRyan and @DJJerome1976 and @d_qroga ). I absolutely agree about keeping the players. The promise was quite clear. It needs to be honored. 

If you would like more evidence, I saved the entire webpage, and have a copy (the page, images, components, etc.!). I also invested time and $ based on this claim, so they need to deliver on this.

Message 26 of 63 (1,697 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Just wanted to pop in and confirm am still following this thread. I am trying to withhold judgement a bit until we see what is in store for the continuation of 16. I could see them splitting the mobile apps into a console like app (they can all it FIFA 17) and a more casual app called FIFA Mobile. Keep in mind the Romanian dev team was not involved in the new FIFA Mobile so it is still quite possible they have been working on the continuation of FIFA 16. In fact within the past 6 months there have been positions advertised in Romania for the FIFA mobile dev team so there is certainly still activity going on there.

If there is no meaningful update for 16 and EA truly has reneged on their promise then I will do everything I can to make sure I and anyone else who spent money on points is compensated. There is no question EA sold more points because people understood their marketing to mean that they did not have to start from scratch every year. This marketing was kept posted on their website until a couple days AFTER the new FIFA mobile was announced so it is not like they have an excuse since they would have known for months the new FIFA Mobile was in development yet they never informed their customers of the change and in fact continued to state that our players would continue to the next year. Knowingly making false statements for financial gain is fraud pure and simple. I know no one will actually be prosecuted for it due to nature of modern corporations but if an individual acted in this manner they would be prosecuted criminally.

EA also cannot say we really just meant that you could continue to play the app since we keep the servers up (just like one can still play 15 and 14) because their marketing says "for the first time on mobile" which means that any reasonable person would understand it to mean that the app continued to be updated with new content and improvements from year to year and your players continued from year to year.

So let's wait and see what happens but if they do not meaningfully update 16 and continue adding new content I will pursue a full refund of all money I spent on points this year.

Message 27 of 63 (1,652 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

all newly announced features of fifa mobile r deal breakers......this is making ppl to stay back on 16 and leading to other questions...

Message 28 of 63 (1,650 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Expert

Still waiting and my displeasure has not diminished with time as it does with some of the other disappointments that have been thrust upon mobile users. This time is different for me. The previous times I could somewhat write it off as the incompetence that happens to many large corporations but if this is genuinely what it appears to be based on the current information we have then this was a clear and willful attempt to defraud customers by continuing to post false promises that they knew for months they were not going to honor.

@EA_Andy - I know you are probably not in a position to respond but please make sure to pass along to the powers that be that the promises need to be honored for FIFA 16. At least a statement that they are committed to honoring their promise for FIFA 16 and that our game content will continue and that new content will be updated and the app also needs to be updated. It has not been updated since January which is wholly unacceptable for an app that people spend money on.

If this is truly what it appears to be then I am truly done with EA and will do everything I can to get the money back that I spent on 16. I can assure you I will not spend a dime on the new FIFA Mobile and most other FIFA 16 power users will not do so either. Why would we spend money on a game that is a clear step backwards from what we are used to and after we have been lied to and defrauded?

Message 29 of 63 (1,557 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's surprising, or maybe not so surprising, that @EA_Andy and others are conspicuously quiet on this topic. Job security trumps all, I guess.

Message 30 of 63 (1,543 Views)
Twitter Stream