Re: FIFA 16 Referee Color Clash

by WhiteHeartLn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FIFA 16 Referee Color Clash

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Why is it possible for referees to wear the same color shirt as my career mode team or my opponent? 

I play as Burton Albion FC, their home kit is a yellow top with black shorts, and my referee (photo attached) almost always seems to be wearing the same color combo. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to make a quick pass or tackle only to find I have pulled my own players out of position in an attempt to get the referee through on goal. 

EA sports this seems like a simple fix that could be made through an update. Please prevent these confusing color clashes from happening in the future or I'll be forced to play in Tottenham's purple kit all season. 

Cheers, 

Alex 

Message 1 of 11 (5,641 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@WhiteHeartLn Thanks for the post. It took me a couple of seconds to find the ref, which pretty much proves your point. 

I have word that there was an update to prevent clashes like you describe previously, but it doesn't appear to have caught all instances so it looks like another update may be required. 

On the offchance that you only play offline, can you go online and grab any updates in case the fix would help you and it just needs to be downloaded?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (5,662 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@WhiteHeartLn Thanks for the post. It took me a couple of seconds to find the ref, which pretty much proves your point. 

I have word that there was an update to prevent clashes like you describe previously, but it doesn't appear to have caught all instances so it looks like another update may be required. 

On the offchance that you only play offline, can you go online and grab any updates in case the fix would help you and it just needs to be downloaded?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (5,663 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Thanks for replying to my post @EA_David.

I usually do play career mode but have since checked for updates and it appears I am current. Please let me know if any future updates get released to address the issue, it would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

@WhiteHeartLn

Message 3 of 11 (5,570 Views)

referee has the same uniform color as the opposite team

★★★ Novice

Referees most of the time has the same uniform color as kits from the opposite side! This is terrible - it seems you are playing against 12 players! When an opposite team is in red - referee is also in red! WTF? Is it so hard to check colors of the playing teams before the match and render a different color for the referee?!

Message 4 of 11 (5,558 Views)

Re: referee has the same uniform color as the opposite team

★ Novice

Agreed its almost worse when its your team since you rarely need to pass to the opposing team! 

Message 5 of 11 (5,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It is fifa 17 and we still having the same problem. I keep passing to the referee because he having the same colour kit with mine. Even it dark blue, It hard to differentiate with dark kit referee use..
Message 6 of 11 (5,273 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah i'm kinda having the same problem playing as CF Reus Deportu in Spain. Ref showing up in red * looking like one of my teammates. After trying to pass the ball to him a few times, I came here to see if it was only me, seems like something that should be fairly easy to sort out? Still happening in 17 sadly.

Message 7 of 11 (5,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
It’s 2018 and FIFA 2019 is around the corner, and this issue still persists! Come on EA you can do better!
Message 8 of 11 (4,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s fifa21 and EA still can’t sort this annoying problem out.

This glitch is more important than updating the gameplay engines btw

Message 9 of 11 (1,783 Views)

★ Guide

This is FIFA 23 and this problem is still there.

Congratulations EA for completing 7 years without solving this bug. I bet a software engineer with 10 days of experience can think of a logic that checks the color of home and away team, and then define the color of referee and assistants.

7 years... And counting. 

Screenshot of Career Mode, January 2023

Message 10 of 11 (662 Views)