Re: FIFA 16 Career Mode AI

by mrchb

Original Post

FIFA 16 Career Mode AI

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

After playing many games in the FIFA 16 (and also 13,14,15) career mode (player), I want to point out one annoying thing about the behavior of the artificial Intelligence that controls the opposite team.
This year the AI plays more more attention about the ball possession in their half court. Even if this seem to be a good decision from the developers in general to augment the realism, this particular behavior in this game mode can bring the player to a certain frustration making impossible to get the ball back.
I try to explain myself better. In my opinion, is the lack of control of the team's tactic (pressing, high pressing etc.) that causes this problem, because since in this game mode you can't have control on the offensive / defensive attitude and aggression of the team, you can't suggest to your teammates to try to steal a ball. The only option is the single player pressing (with the button), thing that usually leaves big gaps and is poorly effective or even dangerous if not properly used.
With the result that sometimes the cpu makes (way too much) ball possession, waiting and waiting for the opportunity, even if it's the minute 75/80 and they are losing the game... Then they wait again, passing the ball to the goalie if they feel pressed for suddenly switch to long ball tactic and full offensive attitude trying to equalize or score a goal at the 90'.
This is not very convincing.

I have two questions to the staff:
- Is there a workaround for issues like this? Changing the tactic of a club in the main edit menu, it will reflect also on the career's teams? (I doubt) If yes, should I have to start a new career to make it work?
- As developpers, are you thinking on implement some changes for fifa 17 career mode or it will stay mostly immutate like this year?
Even if I apreciate the efforts you did to renew some thing of the career mode, it would be nice to play in competitions like the world / euro cups, not only playing the qualifying matches without have the opportunity to play for our nation or starting from the under 21 with a young pro to reach the first team. Things of this kind can bring new life to an almost forgot and rusty modality that has a lot of unexpressed potential.

Thanks for the attention.
Savinjo

Message 1 of 5 (1,952 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello Savinjo,

I feel the pain, I get so frustrated too with the game when a team like wolves seems to out pass me.....like they are Barcelona...WTF right?? anyway no point asking the ea team for help, once they get the money you paid for the game....thats it, your problems is your problem.

Have you tried using the tactics??.....when you are in your career mode, go to squad and then to tactics. go on the custom tactic box bottom right and press square button. there you can change the way your team plays, how fast to build up play....how much pressure....etc. it's going to take a while for you to get the setting right for your team but just play around with it and hopefully you find the right settings for you.

Message 2 of 5 (1,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, with my message I was not searching help from EA, I wanted to point out the fact that you can't change the tactics and I wanted to give a feedback to the developers about this game mode, for improve it.
Sadly this year Fifa16 is full of disappointments and bugs. I quit playing Pro Clubs because of the bug that freeze the achievements (after more than 500 games played).  I quit playing Career because of this problem and other bugs that affects this mode.
But now I read from you that we have the possibility to do have control on the tactics. I will give it a try as soon as I can.
I was sure that in the player career, the one where you control only one player (not the manager career) it was not possible, but I will try do do as you said.
Thanks a lot.

Have fun.

Message 3 of 5 (1,907 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

ounds to me hes talking about manager career, not be a pro career.
i feel you dude. i flay with werder bremen (not exactly the best team in bundesliga) and its the same. youll always have to wait until an opponent makes a passing mistake or some like that to get your team in posession. and i feel like its the same with every team. this mod can be so great if it werent for those small "bugs" Frown

Message 4 of 5 (1,872 Views)

★★ Novice

I play be a pro with Swindon Town as im a Town fan my main gripe is that the AI managers will keep signing league 1 or 2 players say rated 60s and below even when you get into the Premier League which is just so logical and unrealistic. They also sell all your best players when you get there making you com peat with a league 1 or 2 team in the top flight or even the champions league why is this. 

So you are probably going to say move to bigger club but im a Swindon fan i don't want to play for Barcelona or Real Madrid. Im just asking for a bit of logic to the ai when you get promoted as a lower division club.

Message 5 of 5 (1,599 Views)