Re: Companion app won’t work for sons account

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Companion app won’t work for sons account

★★★ Novice

My son has an Xbox account on my Xbox that generated him a generic gamer tag. When he tries to log into the companion app with the email tied to that account, it says he doesn’t have a FUT account associated with that email. How do we fix this?

Message 1 of 17 (4,114 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @radraptor17.

He needs to be logging in with the email on the EA account. Not the email for his Xbox account. To find the correct email, have him load into FIFA and go to Customize > Online Settings > EA Account. That should be the email he needs to log in with.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 17 (4,081 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I go to that it gives me his userid but has my email as the parent email. How can he log in without using my email that is already on another account. 

Message 3 of 17 (4,067 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@radraptor17 

If he is set up as a child account under yours and he's under the age of 13, he won't be able to play any multiplayer modes. This is in compliance with COPPA regulations. He won't be able to use the companion app in this case as his email would be obscured to comply with those regulations.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 17 (4,054 Views)

★★★ Novice

He is able to play rivals and any other online modes so I don’t understand why he can’t do the companion app

Message 5 of 17 (4,050 Views)

Community Manager

@radraptor17 

If he can play, he should be able to use the app. He'll need to log into it with the same email that is on his account. This is viewable at Customize > Online Settings > EA Account. There should be an option for switching profiles in the app.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 17 (4,047 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don’t see anywhere to switch profiles in the app. I can do it on the console but not in the companion app

Message 7 of 17 (4,041 Views)

Community Manager

@radraptor17 

Tap the cogwheel. You should see an option for switching profiles there.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 17 (4,037 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is all it shows. Nothing about changing profiles. 

Message 9 of 17 (4,034 Views)

Community Manager

@radraptor17 

There should be a Change button in the upper right, but it looks to be covered up by other notifications. Can you get a screenshot without them appearing on screen in the upper half?

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 17 (4,030 Views)