by SandArcher

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Club Name Censored (SOLVED)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Error message:

• Your "club name or abbreviation contains a censored word, please rename your club."

Things to try: 

• Use the Web App on a laptop / PC to create a team. 
  • Try using all numbers as your name ( source )

The above suggestion(s) has worked for some, it doesn't wok for others. This issue is being looked into.

ONLY POST IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TRIED USING THE WEB APP WORKAROUND AND YOU ARE STILL EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE.

All related posts will be moved to this thread. 

( Source: https://help.ea.com/en/article/unable-to-create-a-club-name-in-fifa-ultimate-team/

Message 76 of 217 (10,992 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: False "profanity" issue with FUT club name.

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@GB-FrenZyy @99Sheriffen99Can you try using the Wep App (on a laptop) to create a team? Does it allow you to set up a a team then, or do you still get the same error message?

If using the web app still results in the same error, please be aware that this is being looked into and should be resolved soon.

CM EDIT: This issue is now resolved, thank you all for your posts, and sorry for the inconvenience. 

https://help.ea.com/en/article/unable-to-create-a-club-name-in-fifa-ultimate-team/

View in thread

Message 69 of 217 (5,011 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

False "profanity" issue with FUT club name.

★★ Novice

'm trying to start up my FUT club in the web companion app, but get a false "profanity issue". I've always had the same name for my club (FC Krankenwagen) and I want to keep it. How can I fix this? Why would the German word for "ambulance" be considered profanity? 

Message 1 of 217 (10,961 Views)
Highlighted

FIFA 16 censored

★★★ Novice

I have FIFA 16 early access, I cannot create a fut club because of a censored word in my ultimate team name when there is no use of foul language in the name. It won't even let me create a club using my name and says it's bad language ?

Message 2 of 217 (12,638 Views)
Highlighted

Re: FIFA 16 censored

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @LIAMFISHY123

Have you attempted to set the name on the FUT Web App? This can let you get around the issue, but you'll need to have played FUT on FIFA 15.

Otherwise, for assistance with this issue please speak with a Game Adviser through the contact us site here. They will be able to look into your issue and provide you with further assistance.

Thanks

EAGuy 

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 3 of 217 (12,627 Views)
Highlighted

UT TEAM NAME

★★★ Newbie

when i try to access my fifa 16 UT it says all the names i try contain profanity can someone help as it is really pissing me off

Message 4 of 217 (10,553 Views)
Highlighted

"Club name contains a censored word"

★★★ Newbie
Hi I've brought early access for Fifa 16 and I want to play ultimate team early thats why I paid for it and when I try to get on it, it says when I go to name my club that there is a censored word in my club name or abbreviation but there isn't and I can't access it through the web app either because it won't let me on ut through the web app, I don't know what to do, the whole point of me buying this was to play it early and I can't, is there anything I can do so I can get on and have a few days before its actual release
Message 5 of 217 (10,660 Views)
Highlighted

Fifa 16 ultimate team won't let me create a team name

★★★ Newbie
Fifa 16 won't let me access ultimate team because it says my team name has a censored word but it doesn't any help
Message 6 of 217 (10,572 Views)
Highlighted

Re: FIFA 16 censored

★★★ Novice
I'm having the same problem as the original poster. Has there been any update to fix this problem?
Message 7 of 217 (12,595 Views)
Highlighted

Fut 16 early access censored word

★★★ Newbie
I can't start my ultimate team on early access my club name or abbreviation apparently has a censored word in there when I change it still no joy any suggestions ?
Message 8 of 217 (10,568 Views)
Highlighted

Censored ultimate team name fifa 16

★★ Novice

I can't make an ultimate team name on Fifa 16. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 9 of 217 (10,575 Views)
Twitter Stream