Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Cannot switch players automatically near ball in online friendlies. What to

by sschandr

Original Post

Cannot switch players automatically near ball in online friendlies. What to do?

★★★★ Novice

In the normal local play with the AI as the opponent, it automatically switches the players to my control by their distance to the soccer ball.  However, I have to wait until I get possession to be able to control the player with the ball.  I cannot switch players automatically near ball in online friendlies.  What to do?

Message 1 of 11 (92 Views)

Re: Cannot switch players automatically near ball in online friendlies. What to do?

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @advancecoder

Just to confirm, you can switch players in all modes except Online Friendlies? 

Are you still able to manually change them with the bumper buttons?

What platform is this on and has this always happened or did it just start occurring recently?

Thank you 

EAGuy

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 2 of 11 (81 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

I didn't try all the mode except Online Friendlies.  What are the bumper buttons?

This is on the Xbox One platform and it has been a problem since I started using the Online Friendlies.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 11 (72 Views)

Are you the same person as the original poster or just someone with the same issue?

The bumpers would be RB-LB, the usual buttons to switch player.

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

Message 4 of 11 (67 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am the original poster.  I tried the bumpers (RB-LB) but that didn't help.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 11 (62 Views)

Rather than to help the issue this was more to see if the bumpers would correctly switch to the closest players.

Just to confirm is it changing them with the bumpers you have having the issue with or the automatic swapping?

Have you tried changing when the players swap? You would be able to do this through the Game Settings.

Thanks

---------------

Message 6 of 11 (57 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Automatic swapping.  Where in the Game settings can I make changes?  I looked through the settings but didn't find anything so far.

Message 7 of 11 (55 Views)

It's the Auto Swapping option. There's a few different presets for this, so it might be worth seeing if any of these help.

Thank you

---------------

Message 8 of 11 (51 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Where is the exact menu?  Can you post a screenshot from FIFA 2016?  or even a video showing its selection?  Thanks!

Message 9 of 11 (50 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here is the screenshot of my current configuration.  Is there something wrong?  Thanks!

Message 10 of 11 (46 Views)

PREVENT DISCONNECTS AND DNFs

View more on EA Help

Improve your connection

If you have trouble connecting online, try opening or forwarding these ports to improve your connection.

View more on EA Help

fifa-19-player-splash

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help