by middersuk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

AL AHLY SC SHOULD BE IN FIFA 17

★★★★ Novice

FIFA 17 SHOULD HAVE AL AHLY!!

Please to whoever this concerns I'd like to see Al Ahly SC in FIFA 17

Al Ahly are the most successful club in the world with 120 titles

Al Ahly have the most continental titles in the world (20) competing with the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Boca Juniors

Al Ahly have a fanbase of over 60 million

Development team, please do consider adding Al Ahly to FIFA, would be a lovely addition.

Message 1 of 7 (1,978 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: AL AHLY SC SHOULD BE IN FIFA 17

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Fifaloverhd99

We add new teams every year, but unfortunately it's not always possible for us to add your preferred teams/leagues.

Hopefully we’ll be able to include Al Ahly SC in future iterations of the game, but I can't assure you when/if this will happen.

Thanks

EAGuy

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (2,448 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Fifaloverhd99

We add new teams every year, but unfortunately it's not always possible for us to add your preferred teams/leagues.

Hopefully we’ll be able to include Al Ahly SC in future iterations of the game, but I can't assure you when/if this will happen.

Thanks

EAGuy

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 2 of 7 (2,449 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Certainly well sold.  Large smile 

Saying that "Accrington Stanley compete with the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc (FA Cup)", is much better than saying "Accrington Stanley played in the same tournament as Chelsea but got knocked out by Wycombe Wanderers".

When I played with my local youth team we would, 9.9/10, win each competition we entered.  Including the small tournies in the off season we could win 15 titles/competitions a year.  I would therefore argue we were the most successful club in the world and should be included in the game. Wink

Joking aside, I agree that there are clubs that could/should be included in the game.  However, there are also licensing issues to consider.  Al Ahly SC are on the game that shall not be mentioned Wink  From what I understand and barring a few exceptions licenses are generally given to one or the other and not to both.  I could be wrong on that.

Message 3 of 7 (1,943 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey middersuk hope you're having a good day!

Im not quiet sure you got my point there. I'm talking about football federations that have approved of these achievements, namingly the Egyptian Football Federation, The African Football Federation (CAF) and FIFA. With all due respect to Accrington Stanley, Wycombe Wanderers and your local youth team Large smile , they don't have titles approved of by official federations. Al Ahly are the most decorated team in the world, and a proof of that is that AC Milan changed their crest 2 seasons ago when Al Ahly clinched their 120th title. There are differences in the quality of football obviously, but not having a team that, statistically, outweighs any other team on FIFA just beats me. You're right with the licensing issue, that either of the two could get licenses of one thing, but I think Al Ahly aren't even licensed by the other game Large smile , so Im guessing its time for FIFA to make a smart move Wink

Message 4 of 7 (1,922 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hi @Fifaloverhd99

I am and hope you are to.

I did get your point and I think you got mine. 

Whilst I was being sarcastic/joking, my point about Accrington Stanley and my youth team is that such success is measured by the opponents.  Yes Al Ahly SC have competed in the same competition as Barca at the FIFA Club World Cup, however, they got knocked out by Corinthians in a competition that also included Auckland City, Monterrey and other such clubs. Wink

A similar thing was a friend complaining his rank on R6 Siege wasn't going up.  He argued that he was always in the top 3 of our squad.  I reminded him that he needs to ask what he is in the top 3 of.  What I mean by that is, if our squad is rubbish, being in the top 3 of a rubbish squad means diddley squat.

I don't disagree that they have been successful in the competitions they can enter, I just don't think it's comparable to the Likes of RM, Barca etc in competitions such as the Champions League.  Similar to the Israeli club people want in the game (I forget the name right now, Tel Aviv or Macabi???) anyway, they may be a good Israeli team but were the only team to score no points in the Champs League. 

You sold it well, and I liked that, but they didn't really 'compete' against the likes of Barca, they were cannon fodder in the same competition. Wink  I just found it humorous in the way you sold them but meant no disrespect, I agree they are a team that could/should be included. Thumbs up

If you google them on TGTSNBM you should find they are in TGTSNBM '16  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmCNKUyOqnY if it were possible for EA to get the license I don't see why they wouldn't be included in The Rest of the World category.  I've read that EA are trying to get/get back a few different leagues/teams so in '17'18 they may make an appearance.

Message 5 of 7 (1,908 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Morning!

Haha yes I might've sounded a bit silly in my original post, but when passion takes over your mind and thoughts, you just don't know what you're saying! Turns out they are in that game, more reasons for EA to get it licensed Large smile I just can't stop, can I? Yes I do remember that year, 2006, but that turned out to be our best triumph in the competition! Btw, it was Internacional that beat Al Ahly in the semis, not Corinthians, the then young Pato and Luiz Adriano did the job for them. But a bronze medal for an African team at that time wasn't so bad! Although yes, it was beaten by TP Mazembe and Raja Casablanca's silvers in 2010 and 2013 respectively. The competition's top scorer that year was Abutreika, should've chosen another year to call them cannon fodder, *coughs* 2013 *coughs*. Maccabi Tel Aviv, yes, it was probably the FIFA 16 poll where they got you to pick a league to add to FIFA. Let's just hope for better iterations of FIFA in the coming years, I really do hope so.  

Message 6 of 7 (1,882 Views)

★★★★ Novice
you think we will get any news regarding al ahly team?
Message 7 of 7 (939 Views)

PREVENT DISCONNECTS AND DNFs

View more on EA Help

Improve your connection

If you have trouble connecting online, try opening or forwarding these ports to improve your connection.

View more on EA Help

fifa-20-splash

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help