cant connect to ea servers with 2 xbox's

by gazza16lfc

Original Post

Re: cant connect to ea servers with 2 xbox's

★★★★★ Newbie

Well, I have had this issue since Fifa 15 came out. I have an Xbox 360 and so does my son. If one of us goes on ANY EA game the other cannot connect to the EA servers on any EA game. It is not exclusive to certain games or even the same game at the same time etc, it can be any combination. I too am on sky broadband.

We have been in touch with EA several times and I understand it is frustrating that EA haven't been back in touch with people on this forum, but trust me, it is worse when they have been in touch. They simply dont have a clue.

I think the programmers know what the problem is and it is written within the disc itself, meaning no amount of updates will resolve the problem, which is why they are fudging around the issue. It would mean a titanic refund and a massive reprint of all the Fifa 15 games. I think it was intended to have been a way to work around cheats, but the idea has failed massively. 

They have offered 'work arounds', blamed microsoft, blamed the xbox's and even blamed sky instead of accepting they are at fault. Eventually they have now offered a refund, but now they have corrupted my xbox's, my other EA games will still have the same issues. 

Has anyone else noticed problems with their consoles since this fiasco? Mine has a problem with the tray not opening, and my sons has an issue with the tray closing as soon as it has opened.

Message 41 of 53 (6,416 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had this problem to since Fifa 15 came out. Me and my brother who are connected to the same internet purchased fifa 15 each. $120 and it turns out only one of us could play at 1 time. C'mon EA do a good job for once or give us a refund

Message 42 of 53 (6,412 Views)

★★ Novice
I've had the same problem but with only one Xbox, I managed to get in touch with ea and they passed the blame onto my isp who I then phoned with the list of ports to open, however they kindly refused to open them due to security risks. So I'm pretty boned now, all I can do is log into FUT and look at my team unable to do anything else.
Message 43 of 53 (6,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Spoke to EA support for an hour today. They don’t have a clue how IP networking actually works. I had to explain the most basic concepts.

The upshot is due to a security breach/hack on their end they have restricted the number of connections accepted by their servers from any IP address to just one.

The don’t seem to understand that the IP addresses they are asking everyone to statically assign (i.e. the 192.168.0.x) to the consoles are the internal IP address of your home network and that their game servers see the external IP address (i.e. 86.157.209.x) that your broadband provider assigns your router when it connects to the Internet. It is simple Network Address Translation (NAT).

No amount of port forwarding will help get two consoles to work. Port forwarding is for inbound' traffic. The connection to EA is established outbound.

The support guy did seem to think that consoles from different manufacturers (i.e. one XBOX and one PS/4) could connect to EA from the same external IP address, as they get serviced by different servers. I cannot test this.

Best of luck people!

Message 44 of 53 (6,274 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have found a work around !

I have an iinet Bob 2 Modem.

You should be able to find similar areas in most routers as I adjusted.
I am not exactly sure which part of these settings has done the trick but here is exactly what I did to get 2 Xbox connected nice and Stable.

ON THE CONSOLES

1) set both xboxs to automatic DNS

CLEARED EVERYTHING ON THE ROUTER

1) Removed the static IP set for both xbox's

2) Removed all other static IPs and released all IPs on the router

3) Removed all port forwardings fromthe  router that I had set up.

4)Turned off all devices and the router... (full network shutdown)

5) restarted router

START FRESH

6) Restarted Xbox 1 - left network settings in xbox alone so just put it on "automatic" DNS  (no static IP in Xbox)

7) logged into router and navigated to the "DHCP list" which showed only the Xbox then ticked to "Fix IP address to Client" (so I set Xbox 1 on the router to a static IP) but left it to auto on the console.

Setup Trigger Ports in NAT

8) went into the routers firewall settings/Network Address Translation(Nat) "configure" and Clicked the link to enable "Special Applications"
which is Trigger Ports  so in other modems should be in the same area of your modem config (NAT settings)

trigger port    type       Public Port

6112              TCP            6112

53                   TCP           52-54

53                   UDP           52-54

80                   TCP           79-81

80                   UDP           79-81

3074              TCP           3073-3075

3074              UDP           3073-3075

3544              UDP          3544-3544

4500              UDP           4499-4501

500                UDP           499-501

I got the ports from this post: http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/publishers/Electronic_Arts.htm

The first PORT is for Battleog

The rest are for Xbox live and Origin/EA servers

here is a screenshot of how I configured the iinet Bob 2 Modem's Trigger Ports http://screencast.com/t/lAjDyaQGKF

TURN ON QOS and Add Xbox Mac Address

9) in Router settings went to Tab called "Applications" and Clicked on the "configure button" next to  QOS
10) QOS was already enabled and setup with  the Mapped Forwarding Group of EF to have the highest priority and only VOIP was configured to use it.

11) left it all as it was but knowing VOIP was set to EF and that was the highest priority I made a new Rule for the Xbox

screenshot:  http://screencast.com/t/Vaneopp5

Here are the exact settings I used:

Class Interface:  Local
Local Mac Address:  (added the XBOX Mac address which I got from the Network Settings screen on the Xbox)

Remote address:  Any

Traffic Type: Any
Map to Forwarding Group: EF
Remark Upstream DSCP as: EF
Remark Downstream DSCP as:  No Remark
Direct to VC: By Routing

screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/trXvPbztT

That is it on the modems, I did not setup anything for Xbox 2

Now Started Xbox 2 First and logged into Live  then the Game - it connected no problem  (as usual)

Started Xbox 1  - Started Xbox 1  and logged into Live
Next I logged into Battlelog from my IPAD which was on 3G so it was not on the same Network...
It detected that I was logged into Xbox Live on my Xbox
Then I logged into Batllefied 4 :  IT WORKED no Disconection From EA !!

Played for hours, No Drop outs, Fast Pings, No connection issues, no rubber banding or Lag on either console..

I cant say for sure if the IPAD part is necessary however I do it know that each time I must start XBOX 2 first and log it in
THEN turn on Xbox 1 After Xbox 2 is logged in..
So I do it in the exact order as listed above and since I have been doing this we have not had a single dropout or issue on either console

So to break it down..

Setup Trigger Ports, this doesnt associate with either Xbox specifically,
Set a Static IP and QOS for only one Xbox ONLY
second xbox leave totally default with automatic DNS

Start and log into the game on the the Automatic DNS Xbox 2 FIRST!
and start and log into your static IP Xbox AFTER the first is logged into multiplayer...

If your game has an app such as Battlelog and you have it on your phone or tablet which is on 3G of 4G then log into EA server via that app
with the same account that is playing on the static configured XBOX..  
This seems to help the EA servers route the traffic to that same Xbox without any confusion with the other xbox
 ( it is possible that this is the only step required out of all above) 

I have Xbox 1 Cabled
This worked in test with Xbox 2  wired and also worked with Xbox 2 cable removed:  WIFI ONLY
But Cable for both is better if you can...

Anyway I hope this info helps someone else cuz it was driving me insane and it all works perfectly now!!

I was doing this for Battlefield 4 However I am assuming it will work if you do similar steps for FIFA or any other EA Game that is having this issue

Good Luck Standard smile

Message 45 of 53 (6,091 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi guys i have not found how to play with 2 xbox's, however i know how to play one after each other without having to wait to connect to ea servers 

1)Turn your xbox off

2)turn your internet off

3)Wait 2-5 minutes

4)Turn on the internet

5)Turn on thr other xbox

6)Connect to ea servers straight away Standard smile

this might not have helped all of you but some of you might have had the problem where even when you turn your xbox off you must wait 1-2 hours before being able to connect to the servers

Hope this helpedConfusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 46 of 53 (5,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Theres a hacker squad called the Lizard Squad so far they have took down around 6 games so just beware hope this helped

@NdlStu wrote:
I've had the same problem but with only one Xbox, I managed to get in touch with ea and they passed the blame onto my isp who I then phoned with the list of ports to open, however they kindly refused to open them due to security risks. So I'm pretty boned now, all I can do is log into FUT and look at my team unable to do anything else.

Message 47 of 53 (5,959 Views)

★★ Novice
HAVENT been able to play fifa 15 or nhl 15 on my ps4 for about 2 weeks now.

I have tried every fix mentioned. My internet connection is fine.

Today I took my ps4 up to my friends. Signed onto his wifi. Logged in Fifa and origin FIRST TIME and NEVER got disconnected at the end of every ducking game. NOT A PROBLEM. I HAVNT COMPLETED A GAME IN MY HOUSE FOR WEEKS. AND ALWAYS HAVE GOOD CONNECTION SPEEDS!!!!!

The back down the road with the slightest HOPE that my nightmare might be over. BUT NO!!!!!!! STILL CANT BLOODY CONNECT TO YOUR SERVERS EA. LIKE 1 WOMAN SAID IM NOW CONTACTING TRADING STANDARDS.

YOU WILL TAKE NOTICE. JUST DUCKING FIX IT AND AKNOWLEDGE US EA!!!!
Message 48 of 53 (5,932 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The reason for all this is people have been hacking the game Using two xboxs so there will at some point be an update so you can
Message 49 of 53 (5,819 Views)

★ Novice
Hi lads iv had this problem for months no and tried everything mentioned before. However just out of curiosity and a last ditched effort iV had a cloud settings pop up on my Xbox which I have just ignored. Again in a last ditched effort I followed the instruction and finally set up the cloud port I created on one of the xboxes. Told my son to try his upstairs and BOOM. Hopefully this helps as iv been pissed off to the maximum.
Message 50 of 53 (5,495 Views)