Youth Squad Players Ageing from 16/17 to 56/57 after Editing.

by Sindrey

Original Post

Re: Youth Squad Players Ageing from 16/17 to 56/57 after Editing.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

gamertag: x wv14

origin id: wv14

platform: xbox360

season: 3

only happened after editing players

just happened with my 16yo players

Message 31 of 63 (3,888 Views)

★★ Novice
Gamer tag: backjauer21
Xbox 360
Currently I created a new cm error exists in season 2; but has happened in almost every season in other cm's.
Unedited players do not age as of yet.
Happens every time is player is edited.

Thanks for looking for a fix!

Message 32 of 63 (3,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have had this problem also, am on ps3. I've only bought this game to play career mode.
I am absolutely disgusted how it's taking this long for use guys to solve a problem. It's pathetic. I have spend money on this game and yet I am not pleased and on top it's taking use such a long time to solve one problem out! So unprofessional! I don't usually comment on these pages but I am sick off waiting. This issue has ruined my fifa 15 experience just because of some unprofessional people who couldn't test the game before making money out off it and on this page we're likely to get a comment back after a long time, sometimes we wouldn't even get a comment back! It's pathetic! Fix you game!!!!! Do your job!!!!! I am off Uni for few days and I wanted to relax and enjoy this game but it's not going to happen. Thanks a lot to all use stupid unprofessional lazy peace of what ever! Can't even find a decent word to call youse! Youse are lower than lower! Hope I get a reply back on this ASAP! Pathetic, honestly just pathetic!
Message 33 of 63 (3,812 Views)

★ Novice

I paid a lot for this game, and  with this type of amateur errors? Please , do you job a fix this !

Message 34 of 63 (3,669 Views)

★ Novice

Origin ID: ike327

Platform: Xbox 360

I have observed this bug and spent some time experimenting with different scenarios to determine exactly when it happens and a likely explanation for why it happens. Here are my observations:

1. Issues don't start to appear until after the start of 2016 in game time.

2. Aging occurs ONLY after a player's appearance has been edited.

3. The ONLY players affected are fictional players (regens and players signed from youth academy) who were generated after 2016. Real life players are unaffected. Fictional players generated before 2016 are unaffected.

4. The affected players age to 56/57 at first. In subsequent seasons, the bug causes players to age by a greater amount. I have played to the year 2022, and I now see players aged to 62/63 immediately after editing them.

These observations suggest the following explanation:

After a player is edited, their birth year is reset. The birth year is required to be between 1960 and 2000. When the birthyear is greater than 2000 it is set back to 1960. This explains why players who are 16 in 2016 age to 56 and players who are 16 in 2022 age to 62.

This seems like a trivial problem to fix. I hope the developers can fix this bug and include it in the next patch.

Message 35 of 63 (3,647 Views)

★ Novice

Do something please

Message 36 of 63 (3,635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Damn i have the same problem. Please do something about it EA...

Message 37 of 63 (3,496 Views)

★★ Novice

I think you got a point and you are very observant. Yes indeed mine happened in 2016 too. It becomes very frustrating as you try to get good young players but they might not end up the way you want them to look like... which greatly reduced the amount of enjoyment in the game..

Message 38 of 63 (3,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am livid about this cos i have lost two t world class young players now. I hope the developer suffers for the rest of his/her life

Message 39 of 63 (3,314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
I too have this problem, playing on ps3.

It is an extremely frustrating problem. Why bother with adding lower league teams, custom shoes and all if we can't use them without turning our youth players into grandfathers? The whole purpose of building up a (low tier) team is to scout young talents, to make it feel like it is YOUR team by editting those players
players. My current striker is very thin and wears his socks high and shirt tucked in. He lookes like John Cleese silly walking. And I cant edit this scouted, potentially great player that could get my team to the next level.

I am a school teacher and mowt most of my students dont have their console hooked up to Internet (for obvious reasons such as age, money, parental control) and when they can buy one game from their allowance and ask me what to get I'll be sure to advice them to pick up something not made by Ea and fifa in particular. They only have career mode and the way it is now, with thiw bug, unplayable. I live in Holland and our teams are Low tier so they will pick those...add the fancy blue shoes...and be shocked.

20-30 students a year, maybe multiple games, mouth to mouth reputation Among their friends, maybe name it during the holiholiday season... could get costly for you.
Message 40 of 63 (3,236 Views)