Re: Unable to save personal settings Fifa 15 PC

by Reace

Original Post

Unable to save personal settings Fifa 15 PC

★★ Novice

Hello! I seem to be having a problem with my Fifa 15 game after I have upgraded to windows 10. It seems apparent that windows 10 is somehow corrupting the files rendering them useless as I can no longer save progress in game. I found a temporary solution yesterday courtesy of chat support which involved repairing the game files, checking for updates etc. However, now it's reverted back to it's previous state overnight. I would be extremely grateful if somebody were to know a permanent solution because I believe it may be to do with either windows 10 itself, or the fact that fifa 15 is somehow not fully compatible with directx 12 or something like that.

In case you wish to know, the error message upon loading of my career mode is as follows: 'Personal Settings 1 appears to be damaged and cannot be used. If you choose to retry, the damaged file will be removed.' Of course, retrying doesn't solve the problem as the message just reiterates itself.

Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 8 (5,119 Views)

Community Manager

@SlyCoop1

Maybe running the game in Compatibility Mode will fix this. See the following and next link for Windows 10 related help:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/running-a-game-in-compatibility-mode-in-windows-10/

http://help.ea.com/en/article/your-games-and-the-windows-10-upgrade/

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (5,082 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am facing this problem too and hoping for a fix of some sort.

Have tried compatibility settings and such but still unable to save or load anything.

add: Also, I played one career match and i notice that the replays for the goals didnt show up anymore. something's messed up already here after upgrading to windows 10.

Edit:

Hi, I got this to work by changing the User Account Control settings:

Control Panel\System and Security\Security and Maintenance and click Change User Account Control Settings.

By lowering the notification to almost never notify we able to allow access to the files that fifa can't access previously.

Also, it is a must to reboot after the change. I got it to work again, you should try it.

Message 3 of 8 (5,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello to the both of you who have written me responses. I will undergo both of your solutions and get back to you. Thank you for your suggestions! Standard smile

Edit: Thanks for both responses but neither appear to work. Later on the day I wrote this (yesterday) I went on the live chat support and the advisor informed me of an update to come soon to games with windows 10 incompatibility issues. I may just wait till then and see how that bodes for me. Thank you for posting the advice nevertheless!

Message 4 of 8 (5,038 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing the same issue. any solution?

Message 5 of 8 (4,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. Are we going to get any support on this or will EA just ignore us. The issue has been known about for a while and there is precious little coming back.

Message 6 of 8 (4,846 Views)

★ Novice
Hi,

I had this problem too. What worked for me was giving my user full control permissions over the FIFA 15 folder in my documents and wherever your game install lies.

Hope this works!
Message 7 of 8 (4,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had that problem, I fixed it by running the .exe (in the desktop, right click on Fifa15 icon and choose to open file location) as administrator. Windows 10 wont give permissions to edit info unless you run the program as administrator.

Hope it works!

Message 8 of 8 (4,491 Views)