Re: How can I change my Origin ID?

by ptcqss

Original Post

★★ Novice
I disabled my antivirus and it had no effect. Also tried incognito mode to block addons but that didn't help either
Message 11 of 30 (5,097 Views)

★★ Novice
I finally changed it but that was only after i first disabled my 2 step verification and used my email to get it working
Message 12 of 30 (5,093 Views)

★ Novice
Hi, is it possible to get an email address instead?
Message 13 of 30 (4,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko that's not true, I tried to change mine and it said that name was already registered, so i went to look it up through the origin app and it said name doesn't exist. So no one has the name and it's saying it's already registered.
Message 14 of 30 (4,378 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is true, basically that person's username was used for an EA account but they never logged into Origin etc etc. So no information can be synced to the App which shows there information. So you either choose a different name or keep with the one you have.

Message 15 of 30 (4,360 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there a limit for changing our ID or as long as it's available we are good?

Message 16 of 30 (4,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It says the ID I am trying to change to is taken, but I looked on Origin and cannot find anyone with the name I am trying to change to. What could cause this?

Message 17 of 30 (4,008 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I HAVE THAT SAME EXACT PROBLEM

Message 18 of 30 (3,899 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked thank you very much

Message 19 of 30 (3,856 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I can't change my name to the desired one, when I search the new name on the Origin launcher, it says it doesn't exist, but when I go and try to change on EA's site, I got a "already registred ID" message, there is something I can do to solve this? Or am I stuck with the ID that my old stupid teen self picked in the past?

Message 20 of 30 (3,729 Views)