How can I change my Origin ID?

★★★ Newbie
Message 1 of 30 (448,186 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How can I change my Origin ID?

Community Manager

If you’d like to change your Origin Account information, simply: 

1. Log in to the Origin client.
  2. Click your username, then click “Edit My Profile,” found beneath your avatar picture.
  3. Click ‘Edit’, next to “Basic Information,” answer your security question, and make your changes.

Note: If you use the same username for EA's forums, this may affect elements of your forum identity, including post count, standing, and permissions. You may also have to log out of the forums and back in again if you're signed-in during the name change.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-change-your-origin-id/

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 30 (487,146 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

If you’d like to change your Origin Account information, simply: 

1. Log in to the Origin client.
  2. Click your username, then click “Edit My Profile,” found beneath your avatar picture.
  3. Click ‘Edit’, next to “Basic Information,” answer your security question, and make your changes.

Note: If you use the same username for EA's forums, this may affect elements of your forum identity, including post count, standing, and permissions. You may also have to log out of the forums and back in again if you're signed-in during the name change.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-change-your-origin-id/

barry.png
Message 2 of 30 (487,147 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

And what if I forgot my security question answer because I thougt I was never gonna use it.Also how can I I change my security question? GUYZ pls help me

Message 3 of 30 (443,840 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem last month. The only solution I found that worked was contacting EA customer support. It was very easy. I was able to chat with someone who helped me reset the security question and answer.

Message 4 of 30 (443,365 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
What can i do, when i forgot my security question?
Message 5 of 30 (430,269 Views)

Community Manager

@MagoorCZE Sorry for the late reply, you can reset the security question on your trusted device or by speaking with one of our live advisers.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat

Darko.png
Message 6 of 30 (429,532 Views)

★★ Novice

Everything was working fine for me. I knew my security question, I easily got into the edit section and tried changed my ID, but it said that the ID had already been registered. Does that mean it's taken or that mine has been registered and cannot be changed? If the second one, is there anything I can do to change it??

Message 7 of 30 (426,487 Views)

Community Manager

@Auagsigo Sorry for the late reply, if the ID has already been taken this can simply mean that you are trying to use an ID that someone else is using. If that is the case then you will need to pick a different one. 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 30 (425,596 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't change it because it requires the use of EA.com     After you go to the page and click edit, It asks for my 2 step authenticator code, after i put that in and click ok it just says "Page not found"

Message 9 of 30 (422,420 Views)

Community Manager

@DatLem0n I was able to update mine there, can you ensure that your anti-virus is not blocking it and that you do not have any addons that could be stopping the page loading. 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 30 (422,343 Views)