Re: EA / origin employee asking for Security question?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA / origin employee asking for Security question?

★★ Novice

I made a complaint about one of my player missing from trade pile and the support agent ask me for my security question to validate my request. Since i was on the official website (help.ea.com) i answered but immediatly changed it on my account by precaution.

I can still see my conversation with the agent on the origin website so i know i was on the right website and not a fradulent one. I thought EA would never ask for login information? Kinda nervous i could be scammed.

Message 1 of 9 (6,820 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

I just want to clarify one thing here.

Game Advisors are allowed to ask for your security answer and they will first ask you your security question.

This is done, so your ownership of your account could be verified and nothing more. 

Game Advisors can access your account at anytime to check this information, so please provide this if you are requested to verify the ownership of your account.

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (8,311 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
No they just don't ask for your security question.
Could you post screenshot?
Message 2 of 9 (6,730 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I just want to clarify one thing here.

Game Advisors are allowed to ask for your security answer and they will first ask you your security question.

This is done, so your ownership of your account could be verified and nothing more. 

Game Advisors can access your account at anytime to check this information, so please provide this if you are requested to verify the ownership of your account.

Message 3 of 9 (8,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

There is a lot of confusion on this due to EA posting articles like the following which states "Remember: EA will never ask for your Secret Question and Answer. Do not give this information out to anyone."

http://help.ea.com/au/article/fifa-15-ultimate-team-faq/

I found it weird when a game advisor asked for my security question answer after reading other posts by EA that say you shouldn't give that info out to anyone. At the end of the day, it's the easiest way to verify the account. I did change my security question & answer straight after the session ended as who knows what the advisor gets up to in his spare time and what information he could take home from work??? 

Message 4 of 9 (6,678 Views)

★★★ Newbie

issue, but how can I get your ea employees to stop tampering with my account and gameplay on madden15. they have made this gaming season a nightmare for me and it needs to stop. at one point i couldn't even play cause they kept kicking me out of games and I couldn't earn coins to play . i had to sell several players to continue, some i can't get back. they change red badges to brown ones. and every time im winning online im kicked off line. my gamertag is skyw4lker44 if you don't believe me investigate the tag and find that employee who keeps acessing my acount on madden15 and fire them. 

Message 5 of 9 (6,481 Views)

★★★ Novice
This just happened to me. Is it allowed, or is my account in danger (I gave it out).
Message 6 of 9 (3,691 Views)

Community Manager

@Random_Ryan_YT Was this during a live contact with one of our advisers? If so then in order to verify that you are the account holder they will need to ask you the security question you set up on your EA account. 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 9 (3,681 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got off a live chat with what I believe to be a fraudulent EA live support chat. I was asked no such things, but was asked for the last four digits of the credit card linked to my account (which there was none), was asked for my IPv4 address (I just gave them my public IP address), birth date, and specific purchase dates of EA games. I would never imagine a corporate company running a legitimate business to be housing a scam, so I just assumed it was a fraudulent site. Is this the case or am I simply paranoid? I gave them my first name and birth date but nothing else. Hope I haven't just made a huge mistake over a lost Origin account.

Message 8 of 9 (2,083 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @nightforce321 are these questions in relation to an account recovery?

If so, then our team will ask you a number of questions in an attempt to verify that you are in fact the account owner. If they cannot verify that you are the account owner then they will be unable to assist you any account recovery.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (2,071 Views)