[EA RESPONSE NEEDED] PC FIFA 15 unplayable: lags, stutters, audio loops, CPU 100

by Hrdkr

Original Post

[EA RESPONSE NEEDED] PC FIFA 15 unplayable: lags, stutters, audio loops, CPU 100

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

No working solution. No bug confirmation by EA. No any communication from EA.

———————

In most cases issue is emerging on 2-core CPU systems. However, sometimes it may be observed even on 4-8 core CPU systems.

———————

Timeline

23 September 2014 — release.

8 October 2014 — first update — Issue not fixed.

20 October 2014 — update 1.3.0.0 — issue not fixed.

25 November 2014 — update 1.4.0.0 — issue not fixed.

———————

EA! You need to:

1. Confirm you took the stuttering issue into an account.

2. Confirm (or not) you are looking into a solution.

3. Give an ETA of an upcoming fix.

———————

Original post:

The problem persists both in the demo and in the final release.

Once a match started (tried offline vs. AI only at that moment), the CPU usage skyrockets to the 100%, the game start lagging, commentators and overall sound stutters. The game is unplayable. This is barely a GPU issue, because I tried every solution I found in the Internet, droped all in-game settings to minimum, edited fifaconfig.ini, tried specific settings in NVIDIA control panel for fifa15.exe (disabled/enabled VSync and Threaded optimization), tried the game with most of my background programs stopped — nothing works! As far as I discovered, the CPU 100% problem persists for other players too, but there is no solution. I wonder if I should request my money back and buy it again, when there will be working fix.

My system:

Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit,  fully updated

GeForce GTX 770, latest driver 344.11

Core 2 Duo E8600 @ 4,4 GHz, stability tested by Linpack

1066 MHz 8 GB RAM @ 1044 MHz

The issue is really weird, all the previous FIFA editions always worked flawlessly for me, FPS were never lower than 60.

Message 1 of 1,382 (57,782 Views)

Re: FIFA 15, 100% CPU Use All the Time, Independently of Settings

★★ Apprentice

Many have the same problem. A am so sad about that. 2 evenings of waiting.

Message 2 of 1,382 (57,370 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

More evenings of waiting to come. I am not sure EA even investigating the issue. I didn't saw any confirmations from EA guys here, that they are.

Message 3 of 1,382 (57,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

found the solution-JUST DO A FRESH INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS AGAIN;worked for me :D

Message 4 of 1,382 (57,297 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
This is not a solution really.
Message 5 of 1,382 (57,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie
have/had the same problem ... my CPU had ingame 40°C, so I cleaned my computer from dust, installed CCleaner and Spybot S&D ... at first it worked for me, temp. went down to 15-20°C, cpu load ~50% - playing was nice. but after I deleted profiles (for another bug, changing virtual pro etc.) and restarted fifa several times, the cpu load with 100% came back, playing was impossible. so it's really not a hardware issue but a bug in the game.
Message 6 of 1,382 (57,222 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Anyone in a hurry should have a ticket working on Help Center, the more of those for the same error, the better.  EA's people in here are too few to pass the word on every single thing, with about four games all having current releases. 

https://help.ea.com/

Message 7 of 1,382 (57,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Good advice to create a ticket, will do. This is not a hardware issue, my rig decently handles Dead Rising 3 at 1440p, sure the CPU gets 100%, but I get a solid 30 FPS and Dead Rising 3 is a pretty much a next-gen, looking really good, which cannot be said about FIFA 15, which reminds me about 2009's graphics, yet lagging as hell. This is just a vivid example of really poor EA Sport's QA. Guys probably knew about the bug since the demo went public, due to a huge amount of bug reports about the issue. But nonetheless EA decided to ship a non-working product. It's a shame. I don't know how you guys plan to beat Steam with a Quality Assurance like this.

Message 8 of 1,382 (57,139 Views)

Fifa 15 Lag, stuttering PC

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi,

I'm encountering some issues with FIFA 15, when I start a new match its starting to lag, loop sounds and it feels like the game is playing VERY slow. No matter what i try changing the grahpic settings to its lowest, the same lag shows up. FIFA 14 was running smoothly and also Titanfall runs without any probems. So, I can't imagine that this has anything to do with my hardware. Also i have read other posts about lag issues with some rigs that are much better than mine. My question is: Will I be able to play FIFA 15 lag-free? I don't care if the graphic settings are at its highest, I just want to play a game I like. I hope there will be a update that will fix this problem.

My rig:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz

MSI GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB

8 GB RAM

WIN 7 64

Message 9 of 1,382 (56,639 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, I'm feeling adventurous. I backed up the image of my Windows partition and right now making a reinstall of Windows and its full update. I'll install NVIDIA driver and FIFA 15 only then and check if the fail persists. Stay tuned.

Message 10 of 1,382 (57,070 Views)