Career Mode Club Name Glitch: *TEAMNAME_ABBR15_112264

by Barca612

Original Post

Career Mode Club Name Glitch: *TEAMNAME_ABBR15_112264

★ Novice

I went to buy a player in my career mode and when I looked at his club name, it said *TEAMNAME_ABBR15_112264 and no club logo. I can't even find the club name under the player search. Is it possible to fix this glitch please?

Message 1 of 14 (18,754 Views)

Re: Career Mode Club Name Glitch: *TEAMNAME_ABBR15_112264

Community Manager (retired)

Hi barca612,

Which player was it? Do you see the same issue if you look at other players on the same team? 

You can try downloading the latest squads through the Customize menu, but this likely wouldn't affect your current save file. 

Thanks 

EAGuy 

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 2 of 14 (18,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me of a player named capello

Message 3 of 14 (18,657 Views)

★ Novice

I've got the same problem. Playing on PC, I updated FIFA 15 a week ago. I was playing career mode and scouted this generated youth player called Daan Baas with great stats. He was playing for "*TEAMNAME_ABBR15_111261" and everytime I'm trying to sign him the game freezes.

Message 4 of 14 (18,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me after a youth player of mine left the academy. I cannot even complete transfer dealings with this team.

Message 5 of 14 (18,251 Views)

★ Novice
Yes this happend to me also just yesterday I had a youth player leave and sign with this same team, and when I went to try purchase him and then negotiate the contract it would freeze the game and the game would close, I called EA support and they said that it sounds like it's a corrupted file but if everyone else has this problem then it probably isn't. Just curious if anyone know how to fix it, I already saved my profile so I can't go back and try to do it again.
Message 6 of 14 (17,595 Views)

★ Novice
I talked to an EA support guy on the phone and he thought it was a corrupted file, could it be? Or is it something that can be corrected? I already saved the file in my career file and so I can't go back and redo anything
Message 7 of 14 (17,587 Views)

Hi @da_franchiz3

As you mention, this is likely due to some corruption with the save. Unfortunately there's not much that can really be done about this, as it's not possible to repair or otherwise really affect ongoing career saves.

Does it just happen with the specific player? Can you continue normally if you don't try to sign this player?

Thank you 

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 8 of 14 (17,549 Views)

★ Novice
No it's the first time this has happend but this is also the first time I have had a youth team player leave and go to this unknown team, he just happens to be my best prospect. I just decided not to sign him after I purchased his rights, and everything runs okay I just can't sign him and he is now back with that team. I'm just going to wait and see if he leaves to a real team and then try to sign him
Message 9 of 14 (17,538 Views)

@da_franchiz3 - Good luck with trying to sign him again, hopefully he'll come back to his roots.

- Andy -

Message 10 of 14 (17,530 Views)