"You don't have access"

by freshquire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"You don't have access"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have EA Play through Steam. I downloaded various EA games on Steam but cannot launch any of them. When I try to launch, I get the message in the EA app "You don't have access." None of these games appear in my collection in the EA app.  This issue happened shortly after I chose to not have my 12-month EA Play subscription renew when it will run out later this year, but I still have about 11 months left.

I know other people are having this issue but the fix that has worked for some of them (downloading a free game and then stopping the download mid way) has not worked for me.  

Message 1 of 20 (28,235 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "You don't have access"

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi there @freshquire,

This error typically means your Steam is not linked correctly with your EA account- please verify that you have the correct Steam account linked with the EA account you're currently logging into. You can check that on your EA account by looking under the Connections section on your account management page here

If you're not seeing your Steam account linked here, you can link that up by following these steps. If you see the wrong Steam account linked, you'll need to reach out to the live support team so they can help you get the correct account linked up instead. You can contact live support for further help on this by reaching out on the help site here

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (28,197 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi there @freshquire,

This error typically means your Steam is not linked correctly with your EA account- please verify that you have the correct Steam account linked with the EA account you're currently logging into. You can check that on your EA account by looking under the Connections section on your account management page here

If you're not seeing your Steam account linked here, you can link that up by following these steps. If you see the wrong Steam account linked, you'll need to reach out to the live support team so they can help you get the correct account linked up instead. You can contact live support for further help on this by reaching out on the help site here

solaire.png

Message 2 of 20 (28,198 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Solaire Nope, the Steam account is linked. I even unlinked and relinked it by trying to launch an EA game on Steam. It also shows as linked under the EA account management page. Is there some way to escalate this? When I tried live support yesterday, I was told that there is nothing they could do to help because I purchased EA play through steam. (I am waiting to hear back from Steam). I cannot launch any EA games that require the app. I can only launch very old EA games that don't go through the app.
Message 3 of 20 (28,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. Purchased EA Play through Steam and nothing would work. Refunded and just bought Battlefield 1, same thing. Bought Battlefield 5 to just see if it would launch and same thing. I can see on my EA account website version that I am linked to both Xbox and Steam, but on the EA app it doesn't show any accounts that are linked. But Apex launches no problem from Steam. 

Message 4 of 20 (28,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've a similar issue. I own EA play (Game Pass), played Jedi: Fallen Order game on XBOX ONE, way back when it came out. I recently bought the game on Steam on PC. But whenever I try to launch the game from Steam, it redirects to the EA app, which when it eventually loads, tells me I do not have access to the title as another account downloaded it.

I have gone through numerous other forum posts looking for fixes, saying the same thing. Link your Steam account. My Steam account is already linked, and it is in fact the correct account, I've only ever had the one.

So what is my solution? Hopefully get someone from Live Service to respond to me, for them to unlink my accounts, so I can relink them? If that doesn't fix the issue I'll be right back here, at Square One.

Message 5 of 20 (28,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@AdornedKhan987 @freshquire @RookB312 

The live support team will need to look into this further with you to be sure you've got your accounts correctly linked up with Steam- this isn't something we can look into over AHQ as we don't have access to your specific account details.

Please get in contact with live support through the help site here so the team there can investigate into this further with you. 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 20 (28,121 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same issue and I did the same thing. I then deleted and reinstalled origin and it did the trick, hope this helps  Standard smile

Message 7 of 20 (23,304 Views)

★ Novice

Hey! I'm having the same problem but with Fifa 23. Did you find a fix for it?

Message 8 of 20 (23,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded The Sims 4 though the EA app for windows and it is telling me that I "don't have access" than underneath it says "This title may have been downloaded to your device by another user who owns the game. Log in to a different account or restart the app to try again" but I downloaded it it on this account and I don't even have another account. Also when I go into the EA app on the side where it should show the sims 4, it doesn't and I have to go to the Library in order to find it. At first I thought that it was something wrong with the TS4 but I did try uninstalling it but it wouldn't let me. I also tried repairing it but I don't think it did anything so I'm convinced its something with the EA app. Please let me know what the best thing would be to do.

Message 9 of 20 (22,182 Views)

Community Manager

@Iluvbaebs 

Please try clearing the cache for the EA app following the steps here and let me know if that resolves the issue for you. 

solaire.png

Message 10 of 20 (22,102 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help