cancel ea play

by Rodotics

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cancel ea play

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can't cancel my origin membership. Every time I click cancel membership in a browser it takes me back to the origin home screen instead of canceling my membership. I have been trying for months and have opened a support ticket only for it to be closed without any help.

Message 1 of 23 (11,227 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cancel ea play

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hello @Rodotics

This should guide you on how to cancel your membership:
https://www.ea.com/ea-play/faq#origin-faq

If you scroll towards the bottom of the page it will explain the process.

If you're still struggling to cancel then contact an EA adviser using the following link:
https://help.ea.com/uk/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc&category=manage-my-account&community=t...
You should be able to use phone, email or live chat depending on the type of issue you choose and time of day.

Hopefully this will solve your problem. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 23 (11,203 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hello @Rodotics

This should guide you on how to cancel your membership:
https://www.ea.com/ea-play/faq#origin-faq

If you scroll towards the bottom of the page it will explain the process.

If you're still struggling to cancel then contact an EA adviser using the following link:
https://help.ea.com/uk/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc&category=manage-my-account&community=t...
You should be able to use phone, email or live chat depending on the type of issue you choose and time of day.

Hopefully this will solve your problem. Standard smile

Message 2 of 23 (11,204 Views)

★★ Novice

Neither option worked, I am unable to contact ea support as it only offers phone lines for country's I do not live in and it won't let me live chat or email customer support. In my Customer portal anytime I click on anything relating to changing my membership it sends me back to the origin home screen.

Message 3 of 23 (11,162 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Rodotics Have you tried using a different browser or the Origin client?
Message 4 of 23 (11,140 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried using Chrome and Mircrosoft Edge, the origin client just links me to Chrome. I've also tried doing it on my phone to no avail

Message 5 of 23 (11,118 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Rodotics Hmm very strange, I will keep looking into it but keep trying with the cases.

One alternative I could suggest if all else fails is to cancel the payment/subscription on your Paypal if you used Paypal or do the same with your card/bank. You should be able to block any payment with your bank and Paypal is usually pretty solid too.
Message 6 of 23 (11,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure if this thread is still open but the solve for me was fairly simple.Clicking on "Cancel My Subscription" caused origin app window to open and nothing else. But Right Clicking on "Cancel My Subscription" and clicking  "open in new window" followed by clicking on "Cancel My Subscription" for some reason allowed the window to pop up.

Message 7 of 23 (8,630 Views)

★★★ Novice

Didn't work for me.

ITS OUTRAGEOUS. People have been complaining about this for YEARS and still having the same issues. Honestly if you charge me again I'm gonna do a chargeback and you eat the cost. Screw EA

Message 8 of 23 (8,039 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @watchgnomes if seeing this issue in Origin then you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

If you are playing elsewhere then you will need to speak with their support.

Just be aware that a chargeback is a breach of the TOS you agreed to and can result in your account being banned. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 23 (8,005 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same problem, and trying to unsubscribe and you just end up in a loop coming back to the acheavments page achievements.
Trying to get in contact with anybody, I just get told that they don't offer support in my language, but no way to get to any other language.

What other options are there if unsubscibe don't work, and contact dont work?

Message 10 of 23 (7,955 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help