Re: cancel ea play

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey @tommykadk if you set help.ea.com to English are you able to create a case then?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 11 of 23 (1,769 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had the same issue. I stayed on the live chat for the whole day and nothing happened. They say you can email them but there is NO email address - if EA could please display their email at the bottom of the web page like most websites do then I could have sent an email instead of wasting my day waiting for this "Live Chat" option that didn't work.

What I just did now was use my phone to login and cancel the membership. It actually worked and it does not take you back to the home screen. 

If anyone else has this issue, try your phone and it might work.

Message 12 of 23 (1,592 Views)

★ Novice

My subscription ended. The recurring payment keeps failing cause I do not want to top up, however on my end there is no way to cancel this subscription or remove the payment method. Customer service was incapable of removing it either, told me to just wait with no money on my card for 6 days so the subscription stops trying to renew itself. Basically there is no way to cancel this subscription if you don't do it while it's ongoing. This is a scam. Literally. SCAM. 

Message 13 of 23 (1,404 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @bL1nk94 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 14 of 23 (1,370 Views)

★ Novice

I have been trying to cancel my 29.99 annual auto-renew subscription for the past two years and I am now disputing the charge through PayPal.  All of EA's websites info is automated and useless. No number to call. No chat response. No way to cancel.  Found one email to respond to directly on the charge, and it automatically responds with "this email address is not monitored"  Highly suspect and highly illegal. Posting this to every thread I can find until they cancel my account or I find a proper attorney for a class action lawsuit at this point.

Message 15 of 23 (1,300 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @RJOshesky please do not post the same thing on multiple threads as this is considered spam.

For issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 16 of 23 (1,286 Views)

★ Novice

Nothing screams trustworthy legit business or is more unpleasantly frustrating than two+ hours of digging for ANY phone number or ANY email address or ANY chat links that exist or even work on ANY website.  But at least I finally got through to a supposedly human EA chat representative from one HQ thread…..and then….surprise, surprise….he said he couldn't pull up my PayPal invoice# on his end either and offered that I should chat back in an hour. Shocker! 

This is the exact same frustration that lead me to give up on this endeavor last year when this charge appeared again. I should be demanding two years of refunds truthfully. Haven't used it since 2019 except maybe once tops. OK, calming down now.

ATTENTION TO WHOMEVER IT MAY CONCERN: here’s a confession that may be a very important useful clue for everybody involved….make certain that the email related to your subscription PAYMENT is the SAME email you used for your login and subscription because thats also NOT listed on the charge invoice either (probably especially if paid via PayPal like mine had) just like all the customer support info not listed on EA-Play/Origins websites. Especially if you are a parent who was paying for a minor’s account like a teenage child. God help you if you if you forget that tidbit years after the fact. So four years ago, I was all like, “well she’s old enough to have her own account but not old enough or so situated to pay for it.”. Sounded like a good idea at the time in my head.

Mystery solved only two years after I tried to cancel! I also had an account under my email address that had zero subscriptions and therefore no option to cancel. The subscription charges be were coming from my teenage daughter’s account the whole time. Jokes on me I guess, but thanks for the additional frustrations EA-Play! 

Message 17 of 23 (1,266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I need help cancel my sub

Message 18 of 23 (1,176 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @RJOshesky if you check the link in my post above you would have found all the info required to set up a call or chat with our live support team, there is no need to look elsewhere for contact info.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 19 of 23 (1,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,
I had the same problem when trying to cancel my subscription thorugh my computer. I used my phone instead which worked correctly. Hopefully it's cancelled. Origin on PC is just useless. 

Message 20 of 23 (975 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help